JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Living in the middle of nowhere with little retail options, I buy a lot of stuff online. I have an Amazon Prime account, mostly for the Prime video and photo hosting, but the free shipping on most stuff has been nice.

Due to my location, I have never experienced 1-2 day delivery on any order that they famously promote. I think I've seen a few things in 3 days or so. Usually, it takes close to a week to get items.

Due to the virus, the quickest I've been getting items has been 10 days. Some items have taken two weeks. I have a new holster for my 1911, a windshield for my UTV, and new holster for my P365 on order. At the time of order, expected delivery on all items was about 5-7 days. All ordered on May 13th. I still have not received any of them. The two holsters are now expected on Tuesday, and the Windshield on Thursday. That's 13 and 15 days to receive items.

I ordered a used case trimmer on Ebay and got it 3 days later. I ordered a Wilson Combat magazine on Ebay on the 15th and got it yesterday.

I don't know if Amazon is just completely overwhelmed or if they are facing other unknown challenges, but I'm looking at Ebay for stuff much more now that Amazon.

Anyone else noticed much slower delivery times lately?

I have heard that they met with FedEx and UPS, told them what they were willing to pay for delivery services in the future, to which both companies said they could not meet. Supposedly , Amazon then told them that they were going to start their own shipping company and were starting by buying over a thousand trucks.

Anyone else noticed much slower delivery times lately?

Yes, noticeably so. We also live in the sticks and buy a ton of stuff on Amazon, and have a Prime account. I've noticed slower delivery times and, on occasion, orders taking an eternity to ship. I've canceled two in recent memory as almost a week later they still hadn't even left the warehouse.

Beyond that, I do a decent amount of shipping via USPS, have noticed a slowdown, and the post master confirmed ground and media mail packages are not being prioritized, so to expect them to take forever.

Not just amazon. The whole shipping industry is hurting right now. You are not the only one stuck at home ordering things online. People around this country are doing the same in droves. UPS, FedEx, USPS, and Amazon's fleets all are working non stop to try and keep up. I've got friends working at UPS and Amazon. They say it's been like peak season (November-January) but non stop since Covid 19 started. That and folks have been dropping off like flies, they both are hiring non stop to replace folks leaving or getting sick. They are not allowing anyone to come to work if the present signs of being sick, so they are making folks self isolate if they show signs. Buddy at Amazon said a guy tested positive with Covid and hid his symptoms because he didn't want to lose his job at a hub in California and that set the tone for the rest of the hubs.

Also, did you happen to notice the huge banner on Amazon's site stating they stopped prioritizing non essential items?

I hate 1st world problems................:mad:

I've ordered 3 items, separately, from Amazon in the last two weeks.
The longest it took was 4 days. The other two made it in 2 days.
Maybe they just like me better.

Not just amazon. The whole shipping industry is hurting right now. You are not the only one stuck at home ordering things online. People around this country are doing the same in droves. UPS, FedEx, USPS, and Amazon's fleets all are working non stop to try and keep up. I've got friends working at UPS and Amazon. They say it's been like peak season (November-January) but non stop since Covid 19 started. That and folks have been dropping off like flies, they both are hiring non stop to replace folks leaving or getting sick. They are not allowing anyone to come to work if the present signs of being sick, so they are making folks self isolate if they show signs. Buddy at Amazon said a guy tested positive with Covid and hid his symptoms because he didn't want to lose his job at a hub in California and that set the tone for the rest of the hubs.

Also, did you happen to notice the huge banner on Amazon's site stating they stopped prioritizing non essential items?

Yeah, what he ^^ says. Our mail carrier is real nice, sharp guy. We've talked about this and he tells me the USPS is running pretty much all carriers with mandated over time. That overtime starts at the bottom with lower seniority carriers, and has worked it's way to the most senior carriers now. Our guy has been doing 10 hour days and has his little truck full with packages every day.

I have heard that they met with FedEx and UPS, told them what they were willing to pay for delivery services in the future, to which both companies said they could not meet. Supposedly , Amazon then told them that they were going to start their own shipping company and were starting by buying over a thousand trucks.

That was quite a while ago. Amazon does have a fleet of trucks, both small and semis. When I worked at Montgomery Park I would often see the Amazon vans for grocery deliveries coming out of that industrial area in a long convoy in the morning. You will also see the semis on the highway.

Additionally, Amazon contracts with private delivery drivers who deliver in their own vehicles. So I get Amazon via USPS, FexEx, sometimes UPS and private cars.

I have Prime also, I get varying delivery times from next day to a couple of weeks on Prime items. Generally this doesn't bother me too much, but I have noticed that regardless of the 1-2 day shipping, that doesn't start until they actually ship it - i.e., once it ships, then sometimes it actually is 1-2 days, but they might take a week to send it out. If it is coming USPS then it usually is counted as arriving when it gets to the post office, then they may take an extra day or two to get it to me.

Not a big deal to me usually as I don't care too much how long it takes - I want the free shipping, if it gets here in 2 days then great, but I can wait. I mostly pay for the Prime Video and free shipping. I can't get satellite reception due to the trees blocking the SW view (I think).

Right now Amazon is having problems in their warehouses due to CV-19 and workers going on strike. Not much they can do about that.

Yeah, what he ^^ says. Our mail carrier is real nice, sharp guy. We've talked about this and he tells me the USPS is running pretty much all carriers with mandated over time. That overtime starts at the bottom with lower seniority carriers, and has worked it's way to the most senior carriers now. Our guy has been doing 10 hour days and has his little truck full with packages every day.

I am waiting on four "ammo boxes" that will probably each come in a box of at least 16"x16"x16". I feel sorry for the USPS carrier - he will probably send a note for me to come into the post office and pick them up instead of trying to cram them into his Jeep.

There has been a shift in who delivers amazon packages at our house. The security camera is a good indicator. The last packages since 'Rona have been a blue Amazon van. Some things you just can't find in a store locally so it is sent to the Amazon gods for procurement.

There is money in shipping and I'd like to see more carriers not get hosed by amazon, even if it adds $1 to my order. I'm ok with that (think USPS).

I am waiting on four "ammo boxes" that will probably each come in a box of at least 16"x16"x16". I feel sorry for the USPS carrier - he will probably send a note for me to come into the post office and pick them up instead of trying to cram them into his Jeep.

I live in a tiny town about 100 yards from the town post office, so I don't get mail delivery to my house. I have a PO box that I have to check for mail. If I don't have any packages I'm expecting, then I might go a week or more without checking it. Large items like the windshield will go to my front door via Fedex or UPS, and occasionally small packages will show up at my doorstep.

Haven't really bothered to look into why some do and some don't.

There has been a shift in who delivers amazon packages at our house. The security camera is a good indicator. The last packages since 'Rona have been a blue Amazon van. Some things you just can't find in a store locally so it is sent to the Amazon gods for procurement.

There is money in shipping and I'd like to see more carriers not get hosed by amazon, even if it adds $1 to my order. I'm ok with that (think USPS).

Now that you mention it, I've seen the blue vans a bunch more than usual.

Now that you mention it, I've seen the blue vans a bunch more than usual.
yeah and I see them parking on the wrong side of the street (facing traffic), double parking on narrow side streets and having poor driving skills.

Off the topic,
I placed an order with Botach on 4/4/2020, I still have yet to receive.
They are known to be "slow" at times, and I've been patient. Everything panned out.
This order, I'm borderline cancelling.

Off the topic,
I placed an order with Botach on 4/4/2020, I still have yet to receive.
They are known to be "slow" at times, and I've been patient. Everything panned out.
This order, I'm borderline cancelling.

Don't bother with Optics Planet, then. I've seen multiple threads and post regarding horror stories of items not shipped for months.

Also for those confused by how Amazon works, please look up Amazon Final Mile.

Wife and I use Amazon almost daily. Before this great hoax most stuff was coming next day, at times same day if ordered in the morning. Amazon was running ads that they were looking to hire 100K more people. They got to the point they could no longer keep up. It's getting better now. Often stuff will say 4 days to deliver and suddenly show up 2 days early. I still get some stuff from the people who are contracting for them but a ton of the stuff now comes in their own trucks. They even have larger trucks with lift gates for larger heavier items. Bought another one of those beds that come in a box and weigh a damn ton. That showed up in 2 days and in one of the larger trucks with a lift gate.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top