JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking at a Crimson Trace laser for my G43. Looking at online retailers and talking with local sources the price seems to runs from $210-$280 depending on the retailer. Amazon has the same item for $180. I have read there are issues with counterfeit Leupold scopes. does this appear to be a case of buyer beware?

I bought my CR on Amazon... about 80 bucks below retail. Sold by the store "Crimson Trace", although that doesn't automatically make it legit.

Reading the reviews helps, as you'll certainly get someone saying they're a knockoff if thought to be so. Most products can be returned on Amazon if there's an issue. I'd say go for it, you'll be fine. Perhaps post the purchase link here for others to look it over.

Also, if you're an NRA certified instructor, Crimson Trace (and many other brands) offers discounts:
https://www.crimsontrace.com/uploads/NRA_Purchase_Flyer_2016.pdf

Good luck! Come back with a pic later of your new toy installed! :)

Probably like I did, also needed a new holster to fit that attachment.

Although I'm sure there's plenty of options, I got mine here and happy with it.
CrossBreed® Holsters > Home

crossbreedholsternano2018a.jpg

Thanks ravenswood. This is the link. Its the same model you linked to only at a lower price.
https://www.amazon.com/Crimson-Trac...ie=UTF8&qid=1549246735&sr=8-1&keywords=lg443g

Amazon prices fluctuate greatly on the same product as supply varies. As long as what you are buying is sold by Amazon it's as safe there as any other retailer as far as avoiding knock offs. Now it it's some other person using Amazon to sell then more risky but Amazon rides real hard on them. If you get something bad they make it super easy to get your money back.

I buy a LOT of stuff from Amazon and the 3-4 times I've had a problem they were good about returns - but each time, IIRC, it was Amazon fulfilled - although I have bought from Amazon sellers who shipped from overseas.

I have noticed that reviews are not always for the same seller or even item; sometimes the reviews are for a different model or seller. Not sure if this is an Amazon or reviewer problem.

The Leupold scopes mentioned in the other thread were not thru Amazon, but Amazon has had counterfeits sold thru their site - I think probably so have others.

I buy a LOT of stuff from Amazon and the 3-4 times I've had a problem they were good about returns - but each time, IIRC, it was Amazon fulfilled - although I have bought from Amazon sellers who shipped from overseas.

I have noticed that reviews are not always for the same seller or even item; sometimes the reviews are for a different model or seller. Not sure if this is an Amazon or reviewer problem.

The Leupold scopes mentioned in the other thread were not thru Amazon, but Amazon has had counterfeits sold thru their site - I think probably so have others.

When this "counterfeit" stuff first started hitting news Amazon was mentioned a few times as being hit. Since they have some department who does the buying they get taken too. Cell phone batteries was the first thing I remember being a problem. Nice thing with Amazon is if they get burned they are quick to make everyone else whole. One big recent one was the last Eclipse. Amazon was selling those glasses and found out some in the supply chain were suspect. They refunded everyone who had bought them and just warned not to use any bought from the lot.

Just for fun, I checked that G43 laser (green, sans the led) and right now is the cheapest it's been in a while. Time to buy! :)

Since I buy from Amazon almost daily I always have lots of stuff in the cart waiting. Very common to open it and see "price is now lower on.............". I have also on things I repeat buy left it on purpose if the price went up from the last time. Often even if I want it now if I can wait I will put it in the cart then watch. Wife showed me this one time. I guess she had been doing it a lot for quite a while. they have some algorithm they use. I always guessed it had to do with the supply chain and how much was in it to move.

if you get it from amazon and its counterfeit then ask for a refund and return it. ive bought lots of amazon stuff and havent run into a counterfeit anything. just be sure to read reviews!

Ive bought a lot off Amason, but then got burned on an item. I was able to return it but only after literally returning it to the seller regardless and telling him if he didnt refund id tell the story in a review. He sold me a stolen model as new( serial number was still active). I learned that many sellers on amazon are similar to ebay storefronts now, anyone can become an amazon seller from their home garage.

I would avoid buying anything expensive from amazon, consider the personal time to return anything via mail even with a shipping lable.

Id look for a local store that carries what I want. You get to see it befor buying it. Next id ask a local store if they can order it. Third id try a reputable online retailer direct, like optics planet... Foruth id try to order online direct from the mfg....

Click to learn more about amazon sellers working from home...

How to Sell Amazon Liquidation Pallets - The Atlantic

Ive bought a lot off Amason, but then got burned on an item. I was able to return it but only after literally returning it to the seller regardless and telling him if he didnt

Click to learn more about amazon sellers working from home...

How to Sell Amazon Liquidation Pallets - The Atlantic

As with ALL online shopping there is a "safe way" to do it, and everything else. The way to do it is use a Credit Card. This is as safe as buying gets no matter where you buy. I have been a constant Amazon shopper for over a decade. I HATE running around looking for stuff and having to deal with the stores. I have has a few times I bought something off Amazon that was from a 3d party using them like Ebay that had to be returned. The first one was long ago soon after starting to use Amazon. Widget came broken. I went to do a return and got the "We are so sorry, this was sold from a person using us.........blah blah." I just filed a dispute with the bank. Next day I get an E-mail from Amazon. "Did we do something to make you angry" or such. I told them I bought this, it's defective, you said you could not help me. Within hours I get another telling me my money was refunded. Last couple times it happened they just let me print out the RMA even though it was from some 3d party. Pay the right way and on line shopping is as safe as buying in a store. Even in stores I always use a card. Just in case. If you have a problem and they will not make it right, the bank will.

You may want to consider contacting Crimson Trace Via email and explain your concern, maybe even link the Amazon page.

I contacted Vortex last month about there budget 1x6 to see if there was an advantage from buying directly from them versus one of there retailers.
They replied quickly and said there was no advantage from buying from them direct and then went on to link me to 3 different vendors who had the scope on sale. One of the vendors was Brownells who had the scope at the regular price of $300 with a free mount, they also provided a discount code and I got the package for $270 with free shipping, which I think was a pretty good deal.

I just placed the order for the laser on Amazon. After talking with my go to gun shop he told me to go for it, there was no way he come close to the price and felt it was totally legitimate. I really appreciate that type of honesty and that's why I try and do my business with him. I am excited to get it installed and start training with it. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top