JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
clearly mentally disturbed, why would an AR15 make someone who knows little about firearms, automatically start thinking about children shooting other children at school?! :mad:
I always think about how it(M16) secured American freedoms in a unsafe world.
Anti-Gun rhetoric is lamer and lamer.

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.

Sorry I can't be as hard core as you. I'll try harder.

I don't know why you're apologizing, because I didn't think that I had commented on your commitment/dedication to the 2A. If I did and didn't realize it, then I apologize, as I didn't mean to impugn your devotion to gun rights. I was were merely trying to point out that they were using the same language as the anti's and to an extent, illustrate that just because someone leans to the right, doesn't mean they really support the 2A and/or gun rights (hence bringing Michael Savage into this conversation).

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Ray

And why is he calling it "infamous?" Whose agenda is he trying to push here? Granted, I haven't listened to him talk about it yet, however...

According to my google-fu skills, infamous is:

in·fa·mous
ˈinfəməs/
adjective
  1. well known for some bad quality or deed.
    "an infamous war criminal"
    synonyms: notorious, disreputable; More
    • wicked; abominable.
      "the medical council disqualified him for infamous misconduct"
      synonyms: abominable, outrageous, shocking, shameful, disgraceful, dishonorable, discreditable, contemptible, unworthy; More

I listen to Armstrong and Getty in my morning commute. In general, they are good. And I actually like their light-heated approach to politics as I believe a little humor goes a long way in destroying stereotypes the left likes to make about people with right leaning views. People listen instead of being offended upfront.

I was disappointed in some of Jacks comments about the AR15, knowing his feelings about guns in general. But at the same time, I understand and am glad for the feedback.

The media goes a long ways towards making the AR15 as a symbol of evil, while ignoring the 99.99% of AR15's that hurt no one, and used lawfully and safely. It tells me we need to work harder at humanizing gun owners and calling out the propaganda in a way that others understand. For example: after Pearl Harbor, the fear and anger towards the Japanese government was high. So high, that anything that reminded the majority in the USA about "Japanese" was automatically look at with suspicion, fear and anger. Kinda like how the AR15 is viewed today.

So, "for the children and our safety", we rounded up Japanese Americans and put them into camps. We banned them from society. Today we look back and condemn the act. But when I hear people like the IP43 petitioner Rev. Kuntson talk, I cannot help but think that if he lived in the 1940's, he would have been one of the first ones demanding the fences go up quickly.

Last Edited:
It's all about the optics. Emotions, Memes, and Pictures. Graphical User Interface Politics on Facespace and Instadumb. The most important issues of our time reduced to a symbol. No depth of understanding required: they've seen a picture, read a few short witty quips, and now they know everything there is to know.

And btw Shame on Armstrong and Getty for using this to drum up interest. Those guys are tools.

This goes especially to the politicians born and raised in rural northwest on farms and ranches around guns. They know better. Whether it was shooting at coyotes, rats or other varmints, unless they smoked away their last two brain cells in college, they know a gun is a gun and the only danger comes from the person behind the trigger.

Assault rifles are something you can use to push fear. Both sides do it but use it in a different way. With liberals, more government less individual freedom is their go to solution.

I was listening to the radio on my way to work this morning, Armstrong and Getty, I think. One of them starts talking about how a friend took him to the range to shoot the dreaded AR15.

What is it with non-gun people shooting the AR15, and going on about how special it is. I remember some journalist a while back saying he was traumatized or something, just from shooting one. This guy on the radio didn't say that, but he went on about how loud and powerful it was, how light, accurate, and easy to shoot, and how he couldn't help but think of school kids gunned down when he looked at it.

He said his buddy, who he hinted was LE or military, was a "second amendment guy" but even he wasn't quite comfortable with just anybody having the mighty AR.

My question is: when did the AR become so special? So different, superior, and more lethal than all other rifles? The public as a whole has seemingly bought into this lie.

In reality, it's a good rifle platform, the 60 year evolution of an excellent design, but otherwise it's really nothing special. The 5.56 cartridge is powerful compared to pistols and .22s, but downright wimpy compared to the average deer rifle. Accuracy is typically very good, but this guy on the radio was bragging about saucer sized groups at 75 feet. My old M1 Carbine can do that.

I don't mean to denigrate the AR or upset AR fans; that's not my intent at all. I'm not talking about the finer points of firearm superiority that an experienced rifleman or professional soldier would notice. Is there something in a general sense that somehow sets the AR apart from other rifles? Only in the minds of people who don't know guns.

Armstrong and Getty are a couple of stupid, idiotic looneys. Listening to them is listening to pure garbage. They mouth off on every kind of subject under the sun, often without having any knowledge at all on the subject. You might as well turn on CNN, and try to make sense of what they say. They both totally ridiculed the idea that there was any justification at all for a person to own an AR-15 for self-defense.

They came out pretty strongly that people should not be allowed to own AR-15 rifles. I think that you have mischaracterized this episode of their show. And Jack claimed that the alleged friend who is the 2nd Amendment supporter, told him "I'd rather that most people not have this thing." That sounds so totally fake to me. It has zero credibility in my book. Do you really believe everything that you hear on the radio?

And the concern he expressed that one could reload the rifle so fast, is clearly the viewpoint of an anti-gun person. And the way he kept referring to school shootings, and how the rifle must look and sound to the school children under attack? My God, that is pure anti-gun hyperbole. Let's ban these guns because they look frightening, and are so loud that they terrify people.

Really, most of the media today is worthless. You should not waste your time listening to them.

Here is a link to a recording of this show, if anyone else wants to listen to their nonsense:

7/11/18 A&G Hr. 2 Jack's AR-15 Experience - Armstrong And Getty (podcast)

I don't listen to that radio show often, but I got the feeling that the guy wasn't particularly anti-gun. He actually sounded on the fence but open to learning, as far as I could tell, but I didn't listen long. My commute is short and I turned it off when I got to work.

He clearly bought into the "AR15 is a death ray" lie, that's what bugged me.

I listened to a recording of the show too, and Jack did not strike me as being at all like that. In no way at all did he sound like he was on the fence, or that he was open to any learning. You must have listened to only a small snippet. I posted a link to the broadcast you originally referred to in my previous post, if you want to listen to the complete show.

396510-77abbcdcf32fe734d78c1712e398feb2.png

Hold on a little there, don't attack the messenger! I didn't intend to mischaracterize anything. I rarely listen to their show and know very little about them. I reported what I heard the way I interpreted it.

The few minutes I heard the one morning on my way to work sounded like someone generally pro-gun who was buying into some anti-gun idiocy. I didn't listen listen further because I turned it off when I got to work. Having read about their further comments, I have no interest in listening to them any more.

I don't think of dead school children when I pick up my AR. That says bad things about how they think. Maybe they should be evaluated and have their guns taken away.

They claim to be supporters of the 2nd Amendment and gun owners (at least one of them), but say things like "30 mag clip"? Neither one knows much about guns other than leftist talking points like saving the children. If he doesn't think that he needs an AR to protect his home and family, fine use what you want. I will grab my AR when needed.

I was listening to the radio on my way to work this morning, Armstrong and Getty, I think. One of them starts talking about how a friend took him to the range to shoot the dreaded AR15.

What is it with non-gun people shooting the AR15, and going on about how special it is. I remember some journalist a while back saying he was traumatized or something, just from shooting one. This guy on the radio didn't say that, but he went on about how loud and powerful it was, how light, accurate, and easy to shoot, and how he couldn't help but think of school kids gunned down when he looked at it.

He said his buddy, who he hinted was LE or military, was a "second amendment guy" but even he wasn't quite comfortable with just anybody having the mighty AR.

My question is: when did the AR become so special? So different, superior, and more lethal than all other rifles? The public as a whole has seemingly bought into this lie.

In reality, it's a good rifle platform, the 60 year evolution of an excellent design, but otherwise it's really nothing special. The 5.56 cartridge is powerful compared to pistols and .22s, but downright wimpy compared to the average deer rifle. Accuracy is typically very good, but this guy on the radio was bragging about saucer sized groups at 75 feet. My old M1 Carbine can do that.

I don't mean to denigrate the AR or upset AR fans; that's not my intent at all. I'm not talking about the finer points of firearm superiority that an experienced rifleman or professional soldier would notice. Is there something in a general sense that somehow sets the AR apart from other rifles? Only in the minds of people who don't know guns.
That was no journalist - it was a pussywillow legislator from California - Kevin DeLeon

'30 mag clip', eh? That's nearly as bad as the bad boy over here in Yoorup who wants to take all our guns away talking about 'a round of bullets, and for those who don't know what that means, that's thirty-one full shots of bullets'....

tac

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top