JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't heard that term in years much less had that term in years

Back in the days when a gentle breeze or even the hint of a female within 100 yards could make for a
I have a love/hate relationship with the AK... I love the side rail since it returns to zero all the time, and the simplicity of the AK. But don't like the right side charging handle. :(

That would be a nice change...

There really is a shallowness on the anti side, isn't there? Names and looks is what sets them off, not functionality.

Anyone remember the "Street Sweeper"? What a piece of junk, but everyone was in a tizzy to ban them. I don't think they compare favorably to a Saiga shotgun.

I generally like Armstrong and Getty and they tend to lean Conservative about 90% of the time. I caught some of their show this morning and had to do a double take. No doubt they will get a ton of feedback over that. They totally missed the mark though on 2A this morning. I have a feeling they will continue the conversation tomorrow, if not into next week.

Last Edited:
Pie plate groups at 75 feet? Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Was the optic set to 9x Magnification??

Maybe in addition to winery tours and brewery tours, there could be "AR15 Tourism", where you bus people down to the range to shoot AR's, AK's, and take selfies with a real gun. So you can upload them to Instadumb and fish for compliments.

In all seriousness though, people are just dismissive of anything they're not interested in... I don't really like those Armstrong and Getty guys in the morning, too much clowning. Too much of the show-biz California in them. I like Michael Berry after work much better. He's gun friendly and business friendly and he likes to eat good food. I'd love to have a beer with Michael.

I generally like Armstrong and Getty and they tend to lean Conservative about 90% of the time. I caught some of their show this morning and had to do a double take. No doubt they will get a ton of feedback over that. They totally missed the mark though on 2A this morning. I have a feeling they will continue the conversation tomorrow, if not into next week.

They're typical PDRK Fudds, bordering on anti: "I support the 2A, but ...................
  • "no one need's one of these"
  • "you wish it'd have to be, like, $5000, that very few people could afford....."
  • "there are aspects of [the 2A] that scare me and bother me"
  • "I'm a gun owner, I own 3 guns......but it's hard imagine why anyone with a clean record should be able to own one of those guns"

Not really worth the time I listened to get the above quotes.

Ray

They're typical PDRK Fudds, bordering on anti: "I support the 2A, but ...................
  • "no one need's one of these"
  • "you wish it'd have to be, like, $5000, that very few people could afford....."
  • "there are aspects of [the 2A] that scare me and bother me"
  • "I'm a gun owner, I own 3 guns......but it's hard imagine why anyone with a clean record should be able to own one of those guns"

Not really worth the time I listened to get the above quotes.

Ray
They are what they are. Nobody can be as dedicated as some people. They will likely apologizing by monday. They screwed the pooch on this. They are solid on immigration and calling out left wing whack jobs though and lean right in general. I wouldn't exactly throw them into the Prozanski camp because they dont share our affinity for guns.

They are what they are. Nobody can be as dedicated as some people. They will likely apologizing by monday. They screwed the pooch on this. They are solid on immigration and calling out left wing whack jobs though and lean right in general. I wouldn't exactly throw them into the Prozanski camp because they dont share our affinity for guns.

They sure sounded a lot like Prozanski to me, as I think he said some of the same quotes posted above.
So basically, you're saying they are just like Michael Savage: right wingers for gun control.

Ray

They sure sounded a lot like Prozanski to me, as I think he said some of the same quotes posted above.
So basically, you're saying they are just like Michael Savage: right wingers for gun control.

Ray
Sorry I can't be as hard core as you. I'll try harder.

I

My question is: when did the AR become so special? So different, superior, and more lethal than all other rifles? The public as a whole has seemingly bought into this lie.

The AR became special when liberals and the liberal media realized that they could use the AR15 to push their political agenda. In that regard it's the perfect weapon (pun intended)...it's scary looking and has been used in some of the highest profile shootings that our country has experienced. So it's become the premier example of why guns are bad and why 2A should be repealed.

It doesn't matter that only approximately 250-300 people per year are killed by assault weapons. When you're dealing with the low volume sheeple of the liberal left, you don't need facts. All you need is emotion and the sheep will fall inline and bleat in unison... "the AR15 is bahahahad!" :rolleyes:

I have an issue with the gas being shot backwards into my face, it's a little annoying after about 60 rounds...

I stopped reading when I decided I would just complain about the platform instead.

They're cheap, readily available, easy to pick up and shoot... great guns for the common citizen really, but nothing particularly special.

If the price point ever get to where you can get a brand new complete AR15 for less than a Hi point carbine or any of the budget shotguns...then we know they will truly be cheap ;) right now though, theyre still about a hundred or so more, even for the DIY Build kits

The used AR market has pretty much hit bottom I would think, at least for all those PSA carbine 16" barreled models?

No reason to buy a whole new semiauto PCC from anyone other than HP when you can have a decent AR build for the same prices... unless you are being stubborn and wanting Glock magazines lol.
Edited. Theres the lever action PCCs that has a very useful role around here. (.357 mag to .44 mag)

When the left realized that the AR-15 and M16 looked similar enough to dupe the sheeple, that's when they demonized the AR-15 with the "Assault Weapon" moniker, knowing full well there was a functional difference between the two, but still pulling the wool over the sheeples eyes.... Pun fully intended.

And they've spent the last 25+ years driving their message home that the AR is baaaadddddddd.... That it's an "Assault Weapon", when they know all good and well that it's operation is limited to "semi-automatic"... This negating the function of a true "Assault Weapon", which would be the M16 platform...

Stupid wolves... Or more accurately, vermin...

The AR became special when liberals and the liberal media realized that they could use the AR15 to push their political agenda. In that regard it's the perfect weapon (pun intended)...it's scary looking and has been used in some of the highest profile shootings that our country has experienced. So it's become the premier example of why guns are bad and why 2A should be repealed.

It doesn't matter that only approximately 250-300 people per year are killed by assault weapons. When you're dealing with the low volume sheeple of the liberal left, you don't need facts. All you need is emotion and the sheep will fall inline and bleat in unison... "the AR15 is bahahahad!" :rolleyes:
All that plus the media likes to parade out the occasional Fudd who owns firearm(s) and claims to be a 2A supporter while pronouncing that nobody needs to own an AR15. Those fudds do a lot of damage to the gun rights cause.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top