JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
would buy 2,000 rds of ammo for a gun I don't even own yet?

Looking to buy a SIG556R (AR melded with an AK) and I found a good price on hollow point 7.62X39 ammo today so I ordered it.

I do own a Draco pistol but I can't fire it where I normally shoot.

I even have two "spam cans" of 5.45X39 for an AK74 I sold without ever firing it!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I bought a spam can of 7.62x54r a month and a half before getting my mosin. I was dead set on getting it so i knew the ammo wouldn't be a waste.

As long as your stash isn't actually talking to you, you're fine. :s0131:

Fine, Great, now I've been pigeon holed just because I have conversations with my bullets !! What's next? no polishing of the scopes, no oiling of the metal, whats a guy to do for fun? The libs are right, you consevatives are no fun at all. I'm gonna take all my toys and go home. :s0103:

I have ammo for a bunch of calibers I don't have a firearm in. But for the most part it has been all acquired as some super good deal or given to me etc. And of course since I make all my own CF ammo I can produce a lot of ammo for other calibers based on my components and the few misc dies I have ended up with.

Thats money in the bank.

Yep, Bi-Mart in Vancouver has it for $889.99/2,000 rds. ($975.59 after tax) Still too high and I'm glad I got mine some years ago.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Nothing crazy about buying ammo ahead of a gun - that's how I ended up with my Fin Mosin - had been looking for a clean one for a while and bought a few cases of ammo for it. When I found a guy who bought 5 of them so he could see which one grouped the best and was looking to sell 4 of them off I mentioned I had pre bought ammo - he said he would take a spam can, $20, and a 6 pack in trade for the one that was second in grouping so it was win win. This was back when a case of 2 spam cans was $90 and the Fin Mosins were going for about $180.

This is an age old question. In reality, it Predates ~Internet~ & the Bulletin Boards of Olde Tymes ago.

You may think it then, to still be of modern era, but it really predates even the Phone system!

I am not talking here, of digital dialing, of those old relics, where your finger was inserted into a hole, 1- 0,which sent a code of sorts to the local mechanized switch board.

I am refering to prior to A. G. Bell holding the hearing oiece to his ear, and speaking to his assistant,these words:

"Was it the Chicken first, or the Egg"????

"and now you know, the ~Rest of the Story~" (rest in peace, Paul Harvey....)

Philip, who has no Chicken, but got up @ Zero Dark Thirty, to fix a fried egg sandwich.

:D

PS, Ohh, and grilled onion rings as well....

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads