JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome to the addiction !! You know you have it bad when you pick up a set of dies for a decent price then get the firearm...

There are weekly meetings to help with this, and after your first
Month they give you a .22lr round to carry around..I wear holes I'm my pocket cuz I'm up to the 30mm cannon round..

I'm an opportunistic buyer. I like to have a bit of money in the "fun" account to jump on a deal when I see one. If that means buying ammo for a gun that I don't have (but plan on buying soon) then I've been known to put the cart before the horse on occasion.

Besides, it's your money; do what you want with it!

This is an age old question. In reality, it Predates ~Internet~ & the Bulletin Boards of Olde Tymes ago.

You may think it then, to still be of modern era, but it really predates even the Phone system!

I am not talking here, of digital dialing, of those old relics, where your finger was inserted into a hole, 1- 0,which sent a code of sorts to the local mechanized switch board.

I am refering to prior to A. G. Bell holding the hearing oiece to his ear, and speaking to his assistant,these words:

"Was it the Chicken first, or the Egg"????

"and now you know, the ~Rest of the Story~" (rest in peace, Paul Harvey....)

Philip, who has no Chicken, but got up @ Zero Dark Thirty, to fix a fried egg sandwich.

:D

PS, Ohh, and grilled onion rings as well....

Don't laugh I still have 5 old rotary dial phones connected around the house along with the 5 phone cordless system, one of the rotaries a pre WWII Japanese one still lettered in Japanese characters and my grandkids love the rotaries. Along with grandpa's 30 reel to reel tape decks and almost 1000 reels of tape, numerous 8 track & cassette tape decks, 35 pairs of vintage speakers and the numerous tube and solid state receivers, amps, preamps, tuners and turntables which provide the audio sound of the computers,TV's and on air radio stations and all other sound needs in the house. Years ago my now 28 year old son bought some brand new made in China audio equipment. Within a few years it went belly up on him, he for the past 8 years has used equipment that I gave him that it is older than he is, it still works perfectly and he would hate to have it die on him. My 6 year old granddaughter is especially fascinated with my 9 or 10 turntables I have and loves to record herself with the old 1\4" input microphones I have connected to the reel to reel decks. Old gun and old stereo equipment have a lot in common in my book. And I have 2,000 rounds of 22WRF that is awaiting a rifle, in the meantime I shoot a few of the in the 22 WMR cylinders of my 22 revolvers.

Don't laugh I still have 5 old rotary dial phones connected around the house .... Snipped .... WMR cylinders of my 22 revolvers.

GG, my father had ~The Last~ dial phone in our City, receiving a special letter explaining that he HAD to accept a new touch tone, or he would not have a phone in his house, due to the inability of the system, to even comprehend the dialing of "his phone" !!!!

When I was 10 - 12 Y/O, our vacation was into deep rural Butte County, CA. The house we visited, did have indoor plumbing, but no electricity, other than battery radio, and the Company Owned Hand Crank Phone !!!! PG&E, had its own rural phone system, for the ditch tenders, our friend's job, was to daily walk Ten Miles of Flumes & Ditches, that slowly directed water into a lake, for Power Generation. They removed their own, company supplied water powered generator, due to its NOISE, compared to Kerosene Lamps... Great choice, in my mind... Butte Creek was about 3/4 Miles away... ALL Downhill... And we hiked it often.

philip
In the flatlands of the BoonDocks of Oregon, now... But back then: anywhere in Butte County was within my grasp...

I'm an opportunistic buyer. I like to have a bit of money in the "fun" account to jump on a deal when I see one. If that means buying ammo for a gun that I don't have (but plan on buying soon) then I've been known to put the cart before the horse on occasion.

Besides, it's your money; do what you want with it!
I'm the same, an opportunistic buyer when a good deal comes knocking. Never a caliber for a gun that wasn't already on the radar, however, though when you have the illness...

Come to think of it, how many times have we purchased a gun that we can't afford to shoot happily or can't shoot at all because ammo supply was dry? I'm sure more than myself has been there this past year.

What I mean is, how come having a gun without the ammo is not considered equally as funny? -Well, I guess just pawing the gun is not as strange or unsatisfying as rolling a bunch of ammo around your hands.

I bought my very first .223 rifle in January this year and needed ammo for it. Not knowing really anything about .223 i bought a box of 1k for 500 bucks. Really all i knew was that i had to have this ammo. Well its wolf steel case stuff and my AK does not like it at all jammo matic. Now i cant get even close to what i paid for it im trying to sell to get brass case stuff that works much better for me. So my bad for paying too much for it but at that time .50 cents a round was a decent deal.

I would buy it ahead of time if it was a good price. If you plan on getting the gun why not. ammo is definitely no easy find especially in bulk these
days and I have random calibers for guns I plan on getting but have not found a good deal on yet. As well as the mass amount of ammo for guns I sold and do not plan on getting anything in the caliber again anytime soon. Would people buy random loose ammo at a good price that is mixed in various brands and hp, fmj, lead tipped? I just wonder what would be right to charge for a gallon ziplock bag of say 45 colt, 410 birdshot and buckshot as I sold my Governor. Kinda regret it but not enough to want another over some other guns on my list.

I have a SIG 556R and it's a good gun. It's going to replace a tricked out mini 14 as my daily truck gun.. buy it cheap and stack it deep is my ammo motto

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top