JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess what I was getting at is that modern machining methods bring a level of consistency to handgun production so that, on average, even the more modestly priced guns are quite accurate and reliable to a degree never before seen. At normal ranges, every gun is more accurate than the average person shooting it. As to the difference between your HK and your Glock, the difference could easily be explained by the mere fact that the HK is a very ergonomic handgun while the Glock simply isn't. And yes, I've shot both of them. I still admit to a love of an all metal finely crafted handgun. But the idea that a machinist working with lathes and older materials is somehow more precise than a CNC machine that sculpts steel and then laser tests tolerances down to degrees imperceptible to the human eye is a fairy tale. Nobody's slamming you for your belief in the superiority of your HK over your Glock. But I'd just argue that the reason is a lot more complicated and the differences between a 1000 HKs and a 1000 Glocks, on average, are probably a lot less than you'd believe. Glad you got a great one.

Sig Tac Ops 1911 is really growing on me. I'd have to be in quite a pinch to give it up now that I've gotten used to it. It's a lower end 1911 by some folks standards but I've been impressed with it. Accurate and reliable.

Standard issue P226 has been on my side for so long I just never gave .45's a second thought.

With that said I have to agree with your logic about the high end pistols.
There are a few "safe queens" I have difficulty letting people handle much less take out for live fire.

There is no legitimate reason to own these other than they're valuable. Gold watch theory I guess. You'll never wear it but it makes you feel safe having something of value other than a PIN number and a promise.

Actually I'm going to stand behind my comment.

I can pick up my G30 after not shooting it for months, and shoot it extremely well.:D
I can pick up my Kimber UCC, after not shooting it for months, and it takes me 2 mags before I get back on target.:)
I can pick up my Ruger SR22, and sometimes I amaze myself with my accuracy, but last week I couldn't hit a thing.........:(

Point is; It's more the shooter than the gun. But that is only 93.62% of the time...........:D:D:D:D:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top