JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last year this time I was already in the woods spending a couple of days in my crappy old pop-up camper, next to a stream, sitting by a fire, and drinking wine and enjoying the solitude...

IMG_20180328_160935154_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180328_181432059_HDR - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180328_172312356.jpg

Chomping at the bit to go out for at least a night and clear my head like only a campfire and a clear stream can do. But, way too much snow up there still, so may have to wait another 2-3 weeks.

Plus, I now have a girlfriend, who loves the outdoors, but demands a bathroom and a shower for more than an overnight trip.

Getting a port-a-potty and a port-a-potty shelter for her.

Saw some very cool homemade solar showers on Youtube. Used a 6' section of 6" black PVC that they installed end caps on, a fill spout, a faucet, and a schrader valve. You used your portable compressor to pressurizes the thing and attacked a garden hose and spray nozzle to the faucet. The sun warmed the water and the thing was pressurized enough for a couple of ten minute showers.

The whole thing mounted on the roof rack of a Jeep. I have since installed a roof rack on my pop-up for transporting my pontoon boat, so the shower would mount on the side of that perfectly. Then I can use the port-a-potty shelter as a shower room.

img_6437.jpg

Now that's some luxury camping there, I tell ya'...

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife doesn't mind not being able to shower or have running water other than a stream/river when camping :D She however, requires a lot of insulation :confused: So..we end up basically car camping as opposing to actually backpacking a trail together.

I really like that design for a shower! I may have to get myself on of those! I've been pretty into hotels lately, maybe some new gear will get me in the mindset to "rough-it" once again!

Thanks for posting!

Completely agree, it's is time to start camping. We just bought a new trailer yesterday and can't pick it up until Friday morning. I took most of the week off so we could use it but, I didn't realize there was a "prep" period on new trailers. I was anticipating doing some paperwork and hooking up and leaving.
The shower idea is great, I may try it out as I'd rather not fill up the tanks so quickly.

I like to camp be it in a tent or even with just a ground cloth , a blanket or two and under the stars...

I see lots of trailers while at Rendezvous , many folks who go are older and sleeping on the ground is something that they have done enough of at the age that they are at...

Getting out away from all the electric "bliss" that surrounds us these days is a experience that I can't get enough of.
Andy

Yep, I'm already planning new overnight hikes all over.

I'm saving $ for a rooftop tent as well. I'm kind of tired of sleeping on the ground.

Even discussed buying a small RV with the MRS as our next big purchase.

Camping is something I really really enjoy. I'm hoping to do a lot more of it this year.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top