JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I tent camp occasionally... The pop-up cost me $100 and I'm still in the process of restoring it. Meaning, the propane lines all need replaced, water system needs replaced, and the furnace hasn't been fired up.

I have a coleman stove that sits on the factory stovetop, a propane heater, and a 5-gallon water jug with a spout.

I've already replaced the wheel bearings, done an axle/spring flip, repaired the canvas, and replaced and re-wired the lights. Just need to get to the RV part of stuff.

dFDYWFRjAVR53kMpvJ77fCbSl8tKBvH7TlhJwbyiCJEpX92IB.jpg

lzNZRrXvBh6bSwHj_HYrJKsqexLlJ5pD8iYFLXiJwVgpX92IB.jpg

Was seriously considering a toy hauler 20' or less since that's all my Yukon can tow safely. Also had to be under $20k for my budget.

Found a couple that I liked for $16k to $18k. Got all excited and was ready to go shopping and get the credit union on board when I realized that my Honda Pioneer won't fit in the smaller ones. It's 8'5" long and 50" wide.

I also realized that most toy hauler dealers don't like to advertise the interior dimensions too much.

From what I could tell online, I'd have to go to at least a 24' toy hauler to get my UTV to fit, and not only are they just too big and heavy for my little Yukon, they are also $26k+.

So, no toy hauler for me. If I want to take my UTV camping, I have to tow it in my utility trailer and then pack the tent for camping.

Or, I could buy a pickup and put the UTV in the bed and then tow my little pop up camper. But the pop up really is not much of a step up from a tent since there is no bathroom in it.

There might be a 20' toy hauler that will fit my Honda, but the dealers aren't making it easy to find one.

Was seriously considering a toy hauler 20' or less since that's all my Yukon can tow safely. Also had to be under $20k for my budget.

Found a couple that I liked for $16k to $18k. Got all excited and was ready to go shopping and get the credit union on board when I realized that my Honda Pioneer won't fit in the smaller ones. It's 8'5" long and 50" wide.

I also realized that most toy hauler dealers don't like to advertise the interior dimensions too much.

From what I could tell online, I'd have to go to at least a 24' toy hauler to get my UTV to fit, and not only are they just too big and heavy for my little Yukon, they are also $26k+.

So, no toy hauler for me. If I want to take my UTV camping, I have to tow it in my utility trailer and then pack the tent for camping.

Or, I could buy a pickup and put the UTV in the bed and then tow my little pop up camper. But the pop up really is not much of a step up from a tent since there is no bathroom in it.

There might be a 20' toy hauler that will fit my Honda, but the dealers aren't making it easy to find one.
Maybe hand cobble up something from a flat bed.. keep part of the flat bed to load the toys onto, not into.

Maybe hand cobble up something from a flat bed.. keep part of the flat bed to load the toys onto, not into.
Brilliant minds think alike! I have already considered that. Prices for a 20' flat bed trailer are around $5k new. I think my Honda could just tow the pop-up right on to the flat bed. It would be the cheapest solution to getting both toys into the woods.
I would still have a crappy old camper with no bathroom, though.

Just came up with another brilliant solution... An older Class C motorhome. Can get decent ones under $10k and it can tow my utility trailer with the UTV in it. I can also throw my pontoon boats in the trailer. And if I get a little boat in the future, it can tow that. Just have to be mindful of where I can camp due to no 4x4.

Already have the perfect custom license plate thought up for it: CUZNEDI. (Cousin Eddy...)

I love the licsense plate idea!

BB0CB32F-0771-4960-9F68-52122F20CA0E.jpeg

I just got my new trailer set up yesterday afternoon and spen the first night last night! Sure nice camping with a baby and a furnace!!!

Last Edited:
Just came up with another brilliant solution... An older Class C motorhome. Can get decent ones under $10k and it can tow my utility trailer with the UTV in it. I can also throw my pontoon boats in the trailer. And if I get a little boat in the future, it can tow that. Just have to be mindful of where I can camp due to no 4x4.

Already have the perfect custom license plate thought up for it: CUZNEDI. (Cousin Eddy...)
Some enterprising dude was able to install a sit in wet bathtub/shower in the back of his MINIVAN. :rolleyes: might be an idea to do something similar on a flatbed trailer? Skip to 5:40 for the shower/bath/toilet unit
[Youtube]

So, after my first experience leveling a trailer, what a PITA! I got it dead on, only to have it settle over night and be low in one corner . I'll try next time and pack down the gravel better. We have the same camp site all year, every year as long as we renew our dues. They also have running water toilets and water so I've yet to experience the stinky slinky .

Much shopping and research on motorhomes... All the Class C version I found for under $15k used the Ford V10 drivetrain, and I've had horrible experiences with those, as have many others.

Some great deals on Class A motorhomes, but they are all enormous and can't get to where I want to camp, so... I'm going to have to win the lottery so I can afford a new 3/4-ton pickup and a big toy hauler, lol.

Merry Christmas....chitters full

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top