JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I sold a pistol on GunBroker. Final invoice was $486 including shipping. Imagine my surprise when I receive a Cashiers Check in the mail today for $48,600!
This is a scam I told myself. He'll tell me to deposit the check and send him back the difference. Well that's not going to happen. So I look closely at the check and it says that there is microprinting on the signature line. Pull out the magnifying glass and sure enough there is microprinting on the signature line. Then I decided to look up the bank on the internet. Legitimate bank. Call them up and ask to verify the cashiers check for me. Give them the info and they look it up. Yes it is a legitimate check and yes it is for $48,600. Holy Crap! Talk about a screwup!

The buyer has all positive reviews on GunBroker. So I contact the guy and let him know what happened and that I won't be depositing the check and how does he want to proceed. He says mail it back and I'll mail you one for the correct amount. So many errors here. The bank screwed up big time. The guy mails the check without looking at it. This guy must have a nice account balance if the bank took out $48,600 and didn't cause an overdraft.

My wife said I should tell him she already spent it! :s0140:

So I sold a pistol on GunBroker. Final invoice was $486 including shipping. Imagine my surprise when I receive a Cashiers Check in the mail today for $48,600!
This is a scam I told myself. He'll tell me to deposit the check and send him back the difference. Well that's not going to happen. So I look closely at the check and it says that there is microprinting on the signature line. Pull out the magnifying glass and sure enough there is microprinting on the signature line. Then I decided to look up the bank on the internet. Legitimate bank. Call them up and ask to verify the cashiers check for me. Give them the info and they look it up. Yes it is a legitimate check and yes it is for $48,600. Holy Crap! Talk about a screwup!

The buyer has all positive reviews on GunBroker. So I contact the guy and let him know what happened and that I won't be depositing the check and how does he want to proceed. He says mail it back and I'll mail you one for the correct amount. So many errors here. The bank screwed up big time. The guy mails the check without looking at it. This guy must have a nice account balance if the bank took out $48,600 and didn't cause an overdraft.

My wife said I should tell him she already spent it! :s0140:
You Sir, are a fine example of a human being and exemplary American.

Politicians would be like......
What_difference_does_it_make.png
It was only two extra zeros.

Aloha, Mark

I sent his check back today. He said he will send a new one. In the meantime the pistol is residing in my safe. If he doesn't follow through then I will relist the pistol.
Gotcha I thought he had your pistol and well you know seemed a little fishy . I am glad to see you are in a good spot so many new hustles going on lol.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads