JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is in response to Kruejl's request

Special Moms (Demand Action) Meeting
July 11, 2018, 7pm-9pm
Si View Community Center Gymnasium
400 SE Orchard Dr
North Bend, WA

Political candidates will apparently appear for WA 8th District.

Last Edited:
Dave, can you please reword your post and just give us the high points instead of quoting the email? :)

4. Copying and pasting copyrighted material is prohibited
Copyright infringement is a very real legal threat to online forums, even causing some to shut down indefinitely. Though we see it often across the internet, we have to insist you do not re-post articles, emails, or other content found elsewhere on the net. Remember that non-firearm political content is not allowed here.

Because they cannot be linked, please do not re-post emails.

Dave, can you please reword your post and just give us the high points instead of quoting the email? :)

4. Copying and pasting copyrighted material is prohibited
Copyright infringement is a very real legal threat to online forums, even causing some to shut down indefinitely. Though we see it often across the internet, we have to insist you do not re-post articles, emails, or other content found elsewhere on the net. Remember that non-firearm political content is not allowed here.

Because they cannot be linked, please do not re-post emails.

Done as you requested. Sorry about that.

Thank you sir. How did you get on that email list?

Well, you probably know what I do for a living. It came from a reliable source who said...this is in your front yard, isn't it? I live in the 8th district near North Bend.
Something like that drops in one's lap, the tendency is to satisfy the public's right to know (I sued Seattle and won as a working journalist/editor over that issue more than a year ago).

Thanks for your reminder...;)

And rest assured, I could NEVER get on that email list. :)

Well, you probably know what I do for a living. It came from a reliable source who said...this is in your front yard, isn't it? I live in the 8th district near North Bend.
Something like that drops in one's lap, the tendency is to satisfy the public's right to know (I sued Seattle and won as a working journalist/editor over that issue more than a year ago).

Thanks for your reminder...;)

And rest assured, I could NEVER get on that email list. :)

Oh. Yes, I do actually. Kinda slipped my mind for a minute. :)

And thank you for what you do as well!! ;)

I also received an email from the "other camp". I imagine with the freedom of information act, every time I write a politician, the Legislature, or Congress, my contact information is there for anybody to see.

I also received an email from the "other camp". I imagine with the freedom of information act, every time I write a politician, the Legislature, or Congress, my contact information is there for anybody to see.

That's an interesting question, Wayno....
I don't really know how that works, or how to answer that.
I am reasonably certain that once you contact a public official, that amounts to being on the public record, so to speak. Your private emails may be private, but theirs aren't.

Whenever I read an online anti-gun article with a link that says "click here to tell your congressman (or whatever) how you feel about, *insert fringe lib cause here*... I do. It's probably not the feedback they had in mind, too bad.

Anyway, it gets me on some odd mailing lists.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top