JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
And you failed to support your claim. Sucks to be you.

Nazi has a particular meaning.

Skinheads fly Nazi symbolism.

It is OK to be wrong, but stop embarrassing yourself.
youre like the kid who lost at chess and declared "i won!"

doesnt make it so.

LOL. I just realized - my avatar! He was about 8 feet from the deck of the Wallowa Lake cabin. I was enjoying a cold beer from Terminal Gravity out of Enterprise.
LOLZ, it wasn't your avatar that prompted me to ask... it was a trick question... feeding the local deer population at Wallowa Lake was ubiquitous for many many years. I used to feed them apples right out of my mouth. But the deer became so accustomed to humans that like all creatures that get free stuff and don't have to work for it, they became demanding. They were breaking down screen doors, etc. When a lil old grandma dropped her apple while feeding a buck, bent over to pick it back up, and the buck not only beat her to it but picked her up with it's antlers and tossed her over it's back, the local govt passed an ordnance prohibiting people from feeding the deer around there.

That said, people still do it. I don't know who may have been caught and penalized, if any.

youre like the kid who lost at chess and declared "i won!"

doesnt make it so.
I was a rated player in HS. ;)

You can keep changing the convo and moving the goal posts, but you made a specific assertion that you publically failed to back up.

Pounding your keyboard at me isn't making it better, but if it helps you, so be it.

LOLZ, it wasn't your avatar that prompted me to ask... it was a trick question... feeding the local deer population at Wallowa Lake was ubiquitous for many many years. I used to feed them apples right out of my mouth. But the deer became so accustomed to humans that like all creatures that get free stuff and don't have to work for it, they became demanding. They were breaking down screen doors, etc. When a lil old grandma dropped her apple while feeding a buck, bent over to pick it back up, and the buck not only beat her to it but picked her up with it's antlers and tossed her over it's back, the local govt passed an ordnance prohibiting people from feeding the deer around there.

That said, people still do it. I don't know who may have been caught and penalized, if any.
The deer didn't appear to be looking for a handout. We didn't offer.

However, this fella may or may not have gotten a french fry or two while we were eating at the restaurant at the top of the tram. (To avoid being accused of thread drift, we nicknamed him Alec Baldwin.)

IMG_2179.JPG

And the 'armorer' digs herself in deeper by saying she has 'No idea where the live rounds came from'

Pretty dang stupid thing to say considering she is supposed to be checking the guns first and foremost and ensuring they are clear. Where the rounds came from is immaterial.

I was a rated player in HS. ;)

You can keep changing the convo and moving the goal posts, but you made a specific assertion that you publically failed to back up.

Pounding your keyboard at me isn't making it better, but if it helps you, so be it.
i said proud boys are to fascism as antifa is to bolshevism, i said both groups use motifs from each respectively, you asked me to "prove it," so i posted explanations of fascist motifs as well as a screen shot of your image search results compared to a screen shot of fascism image search results, containing similar motifs- military garb, marching and martial flag flying, formations. a general demonstration of physical might, in the face of political opposition. i did exactly as you asked, and soundly put you in your place.

what happened to "we are done?" looks a lot like youre not done. can you not even hold to your own decisions?

Unprofessional/criminal negligence and douchebag politics aside, doesn't some realistic prop "gun" exist that might make a loud pop noise, smoke and recoil a little bit, and NOT have the capability to accept/discharge actual projectiles?

Hollywood expends astounding resources to film car/train/plane crashes, battles, decapitations, exploding cities, etc., etc. How difficult or costly would it be to modify or create something like a gunpowder track-meet starter pistol to look like pretty much any real weapon ever made?

A bit tricky? Perhaps, perhaps not.

That "ounce of prevention," whatever it costs, seems simpler, smarter, more humane and far less expensive than litigating the tragic consequences of letting inept children play make-believe with real guns and ammo.
The 'ounce of prevention' is easily found at any of the union backed film studios--unfortunately Alec got cheap & filmed the pic in an unsafe place, using non-union qualified people. If any one person is at fault here it is Alec Baldwin & for so many reasons

I applaud your commitment. Comprehension, not so much.

The National Guard, our Armed Forces, Pep Bands and football teams all wear those very same things - yet you reserve the names for the PBs, because that is the script.

We ARE done, and have been, because you made a claim and did not like getting called out.

You have not genuinely engaged. You failed to show a Swastika or a Third Reich symbol on a PB.

Keep spinning.

You have not genuinely engaged. You failed to show a Swastika or a Third Reich symbol on a PB.

Keep spinning.
i literally never said anything about swastikas. why would i attempt to prove something i never claimed.

youll notice i didnt put a question mark at the end of that sentence, but i can now clearly see one above your head

Let's get back on topic and stop with the back and forth. I say you're both wrong and I'm not going to post links or anything to defend that. Just cuz that's how I feelz and that's all that matters these days it seems. :s0149:

Feel better now? :D :D

Unprofessional/criminal negligence and douchebag politics aside, doesn't some realistic prop "gun" exist that might make a loud pop noise, smoke and recoil a little bit, and NOT have the capability to accept/discharge actual projectiles?

Hollywood expends astounding resources to film car/train/plane crashes, battles, decapitations, exploding cities, etc., etc. How difficult or costly would it be to modify or create something like a gunpowder track-meet starter pistol to look like pretty much any real weapon ever made?

A bit tricky? Perhaps, perhaps not.

That "ounce of prevention," whatever it costs, seems simpler, smarter, more humane and far less expensive than litigating the tragic consequences of letting inept children play make-believe with real guns and ammo.
They could use CGI instead but it's expensive and still often doesn't look quite the same.

So to make a point, Hollywood is not willing to give up their guns for the sake of expense or maybe a tiny bit of realism, yet they want us to give up the guns we use to defend ourselves and the Republic.

Lol... "Wikipedia for the win!"

Alec Baldwin shot and killed someone...
Still waiting to find out how it's Trump's fault... :rolleyes:

And you failed to support your claim. Sucks to be you.

Nazi has a particular meaning.

Skinheads fly Nazi symbolism.

It is OK to be wrong, but stop embarrassing yourself.
There you stepped in it. And tracked it all over the place! Tsk tsk. ;)

Ok good, hypocrisy confirmed.

Back to the incident with Alec Baldwin, I actually agree that the armorer or designated handler is also culpable, but causing harm or breaking a law due to ignorance is literally why negligence charges exist. Baldwin has to bear some of the blame, just like all of us would in a similar circumstance.
And, seeing as Alec Baldwin is named as executive producer of the film, he hired the assistant director and the armorer, doesn't this add to his personal culpability? Add to the goal to complete the project in 21 days in an attempt to keep the project under budget, it sounds like a lot of corners were cut, and, ultimately, he literally pulled the trigger. While others may share responsibility, his is the lion's share, in that he could have taken numerous steps to prevent the tragedy.

Somebody hands you a firearm and tells you it is safe.

Do you point it at someone and pull the trigger?
As an actor if the script says shoot gun at camera lens, Then yes you fire the gun at the camera lens! If the script says shoot actor "B". Then I shoot actor "B". There are also protocols in place to keep from injuring's others with debris from the blanks. a sheet of Lexan in front of the camera, or you point the gun slightly left or right of the other actor. Those protocols would be in place when shooting blanks. This practice was with a Cold gun, as in no blank. We don't know how far away the director and cinematographer were from Baldwin, A blank is considered dangerous for 10 to 20 feet. A live round would be dangerous for a Mile and a half or so!
If they were more than 20 feet away the Lexan sheet would not even have been necessary. Hollywood has been doing this for over 100 years. Yes they have established rules. but they are not the same rules we use where live ammo is normal and blanks are the oddity! DR

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top