Advertise on Northwest Firearms
J&B Firearm Sales
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Sporting Systems
Landhawk Arms
Low Price Guns
Southwest Firearms Forum
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
  • We will be closing the site for server maintenance at 6:00AM PST. Expected downtime is 30 minutes.  More Info
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Albany Speed Steel 3-24-19

Had another great time at ARPC for Speed Steel. Managed 6th overall. With having to switch to my bro’s PCC-O after mine was having issues, to his lower with my upper and then finally back to my PCC-O (got it fixed), I gladly take that placing...lol

I was stoked that it was something simple with my gun (feedramp was tightened down too much causing it to shift off center and effecting cartridge feeding). Just took me a few stages to get it diagnosed and fixed. A buzzkill nonetheless.
While I was thankful that I had another gun available to me to use, there’s nothing like shooting your own gun that’s been built specificlly to your personal preferences and specifications.
Well, there’s always next month!:)

Also if you were there today, tell me how you did. I know who the fastest PCC-O shooter was but he’s not on the forum.

41mag

Reactions
  • National Rifle Association
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Instant Updates
I was there, that must have been you with the glitches. Congratulations. Haven't checked my iwn score yet.

Beautiful day after fog lifted.

Yep, finally got it all dialed in. Still can’t believe I put together a 2 sec. flat run on my last string of the day at bay 1. Not a bad way to end the match and the sun eventually came out! Good times.

Hope to make it back for at least a few more matches. :D

Last edited:

41mag

Reactions
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Instant Updates
That's a tight run for sure. A few years ago I cracked 1.9 a couple times with my 10/22 and was elated for days. Haven't managed anywhere close since:oops:

#3 geezer in a hat...first outing with PPX iron sights. Pretty slow yet nice to see well enough.
Usually I do a good bit more mingling within the squad but with the issue I was having, I was somewhat preoccupied for a good portion of the match. Hope to chat with you proper at the next match.

Your 2 flat was awesome!
My day went far better than expected!
It was great squading with you and getting to put a face with a name.

good times!
As I mentioned to your buddy after the match, you guys have an open invitation to join us on squad 4 at TCGC next month...;)

Reactions
I wont be there until june...son's wedding during MOH and wife's bday for april ( a smart man dont go shooting on wife's bday)
although I look forward to squading with again. "Speedy" is looking forward to it.....lots to talk about on our drive back today. It was a terrific shoot sans the fog and low temps. I am planning on albany again in april.

Reactions
Yep, finally got it all dialed in. Still can’t believe I put together a 2 sec. flat run on my last string of the day at bay 1. Not a bad way to end the match and the sun eventually came out! Good times.

Hope to make it back for at least a few more matches. :D
If only your bro would of caught the run on film... 2 flat was cooking for that stage

Yep, it's nice to see film of yourself. I always feel slower in real time than on video. I usually just watch Todd and compare times. If are times are similar, I can then say to myself, so that's how fast I look when I shoot. :D

As to my bro though, I'll just offer to clean his PCC and then sabotoge the "zero" on his red-dot.....yea that should do it!:p

Well April's match is in the books. It seems like someone is on quite the winning streak.:s0166::rolleyes::p
Had a blast and it was great squadding with everybody again today. It was nice to get through a match without equipment issues and is was also :cool: that I was able to "save the day" with my M&P mags.:D Missed you at the match @NWGlockgal.:( See you next week at MOS! :s0168:

NWGlockgal

Reactions
Well April's match is in the books. It seems like someone is on quite the winning streak.:s0166::rolleyes::p
Had a blast and it was great squadding with everybody again today. It was nice to get through a match without equipment issues and is was also :cool: that I was able to "save the day" with my M&P mags.:D Missed you at the match @NWGlockgal.:( See you next week at MOS! :s0168:
Looking forward to MOS. Always a great match!

Reactions
Great shooting today, and thanks again for saving the day for david.
You boys set the bar high in that last stage and i couldnt pull it together.
Enjoyed the laughter and friendly heckling today

Reactions
A great day for squad 4, a very fluid group of shooters who can dish it out, take two helping of it and still focus!
Really enjoyed shooting with everyone, so much, I might just go pcco next month! most of squad 4 knows which gun thats gotta be;)

41mag

Reactions
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Instant Updates
I had a great match yet somehow a couple stages really dragged my score down. PCCO class, 1st time out since last fall. Was that some NWFA crew in the PU leaving at the gate stopping to dump stuff in the blue barrels? :confused:

UPCOMING EVENTS

NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
Arms Collectors of SWW show is back!
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Arms Collectors of SWW show is back!
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
.22 Rimfire Challenge
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Bill Blowers - Tap-Rack Tactical Tac - Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Bought two guns from Curts over the past 5yrs and quite a few accessories. They have more of the really nice high-end products. I live on the...
    • Helocat
  • Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply
    4.00 star(s)
    Great place good people, transfer fee is a joke.
    • FireArm
  • Northwest Armory - Milwaukie
    3.00 star(s)
    I used to go in often, even when the store is empty its hard to get someone to help, they say just a sec and never come back to you, or are having...
    • FireArm
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop and decent selection, good for a hunting rifle or Glock , hit or miss on just about everything else.
    • FireArm
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place, people and service.
    • FireArm

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online