JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup. Just saw this on another forum. I'm guessing this is a Khyber Pass 'build', or at least of similar quality. From what i've read, they usually don't function pass a few dozen rounds. It looks like the barrel just popped off the receiver of this one. Regardless, a lucky guy.

Keith

It's too "perfect" a scenario, given the context and "victim" of the kaboom. It seems like the reason the types of folks depicted in the clip release clips is to try to scare those of here and to try to impress and win the support of the minds they're trying get control of over there. A clip of them either firing either a knockoff rifle so badly made that it explodes, or so badly neglected that it explodes (or a combination of the two), it really doesn't accomplish either of those ends. If you shout "Glory to God" and then your rifle explodes... that's some bad propaganda. Would probably have made more sense to hit the delete button if that's what was recorded, rather than posting it on the internet for the world to see.

It also has some of the tell-tale signs of a hoax video clip, as seen in clips of anything from bigfoot supposedly being caught on film to UFO's. There's very little show of what leads up to the event (almost suggests like they knew what was going to happen and when), and the camera cuts before you get a particularly clear view of what remains of the gun and so forth. They weren't the least bit curious as to get a detailed view and potentially determine the cause? I mean, if any of you witnessed a kaboom and happened to have a camera, after determining the shooter is ok, you're really telling me you wouldn't want to get some detailed, close-up pictures?

The shooter's reaction seems a little understated. I think I got more freaked out when I had a .22lr semi-auto rifle fire out battery than that guy when his rifle blew to bits. Those around the shooter seem more amused (sounds almost like they're laughing) by what happens than frightened. If you were at the range and you saw your buddy's rifle blow up in his or her face, would you laugh? To me that suggests they saw it coming... most people aren't amused when things blow up unless they intended it to happen.

But, but, but... It's an AK? They're not supposed to do that...

Yeah, the soundtrack didn't sound right, but the video looked real enough. Ouch. I like the post: Remember to clean your gun, Allah won't do it for you...

Again, read the literature out there. The quality of a generic 'Khyber Pass' Afghani built rifle (of any type, not just AKs) is extremely low, even to the point of using soft wood nails instead of hardened pins to hold parts like trunnions in place. M a y b e the video is faked, I can't say for certain one way or the other, but I have no reason to doubt its authenticity.

Keith

I'm familiar with the Khyber Pass firearms (well if familiar=read about them).

My issue is that it the message the video sends is essentially, "haha, we suck." Why would they post that for the world to see? I mean, they literally shout Allahu Akbar (something like "God is Great") only to have their gun blow up mere seconds later. Like I said, baaaad propaganda. Doesn't make sense.

My issue is that it the message the video sends is essentially, "haha, we suck." Why would they post that for the world to see? I mean, they literally shout Allahu Akbar (something like "God is Great") only to have their gun blow up mere seconds later. Like I said, baaaad propaganda. Doesn't make sense.

Isn't most of Youtube full of people doing stupid stuff then posting it for the world to see :s0114:?

Keith

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top