JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothing is decided yet....at the moment. It is only going to be a few people....and I am the one "organizing" it. PM me if your interested in coming as I'm going to try to find a weekend that will work for everyone....

I was just looking into doing this actually... I don't have any of the tools or know how, but was curious what you need as prep? Are you guys going from a flat piece of steel, or a prebent piece or what? Do you need to have acquired a parts kit or something?

If you end up doing something like this later on (when I have a bit of time to get the parts together!) I'll definitely be in :)

From what I heard, they are all using 100% receivers.

Anyone know where to find a 7.62x39 receiver? It looks like NDS is sold out and I really don't want another Ohio Ordinance receiver.

I was just looking into doing this actually... I don't have any of the tools or know how, but was curious what you need as prep? Are you guys going from a flat piece of steel, or a prebent piece or what? Do you need to have acquired a parts kit or something?

If you end up doing something like this later on (when I have a bit of time to get the parts together!) I'll definitely be in :)

You can start with a flat receiver, however I do not have a flat bending jig. I have built 4 from flats and feel everyone should build at least one from a flat for the experience. Folks will be building of 100% receivers with a headspaced parts kit. Receivers can be had from Nodak Spud, but I do not know what they currently have in stock. Parts kits can be had from AK-builder.com with new US barrels headspaced and ready to go. Apex gun parts has kits as well but you would have to headspace them, which is not the end of the world if you know what your doing.

I do not know if I will "do this later on", but I will still have the tooling, and whenever you acquire all your parts your more than welcome to come over and assemble an AK.

i just finished and test shot a Romanian AK on a Ohio ordnance reciever, it works very nice...and the fit was perfect. I have a AK-74 in progress on another OO reciever, and would but another.

buy a kit with a new headspaced barrel (or less common an original barrel), i bought a ak-47 from akbuilder and it worked great...bought a different ak-74 kit for almost same price but barrel is not headspaced or drilled so this is not something my little drill press will do...sending it to southern oregon gunsmith, another $110 i could have bought it from akbuilder for about $30 more and saved $80.

watch the videos on youtube, ginsboy2003 or mrskskill they have complete series from start to finish...with right tools fairly straight forward for mechanically inclined person.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top