JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anybody know of any local PDX Metro area companies that are actually doing slide milling as of today?

I know there are other posts about this but they are full of suggestions of companies that aren't actually accepting customers.

I am looking for someone that is actually cutting metal and accepting new customers. No need to tag or comment about companies that ustacould.

Does anybody know of any local PDX Metro area companies that are actually doing slide milling as of today?

I know there are other posts about this but they are full of suggestions of companies that aren't actually accepting customers.

I am looking for someone that is actually cutting metal and accepting new customers. No need to tag or comment about companies that ustacould.
What about trying a rear sight universal plate? The plate slides into the rear sight dovetail space. May not be the lowest bore axis but it could scratch the itch. I have 2 being shipped for my CZ.

I wish I knew of a local shop.
In lieu of that I'd send it out.
These are the shops that always seem to get positive reviews : (in no particular order)
Email them for lead times, look at the options - rear sight position, recoil lugs, metal finishing, etc
Some may want the optic sent as well.

Primary Machine
JagerWerks
ATEi
Maple Leaf

What about trying a rear sight universal plate? The plate slides into the rear sight dovetail space. May not be the lowest bore axis but it could scratch the itch. I have 2 being shipped for my CZ.
Generally the higher the red dot the greater negative impact to things like dot acquisition, development of bad habits to accommodate the increased height, extreme leverage on a skinny strip of metal and aesthetically they don't look good. On a quality firearm like a CZ I would strongly encourage you to consider having the slide milled for a quality optic.

Generally the higher the red dot the greater negative impact to things like dot acquisition, development of bad habits to accommodate the increased height, extreme leverage on a skinny strip of metal and aesthetically they don't look good. On a quality firearm like a CZ I would strongly encourage you to consider having the slide milled for a quality optic.
I was actually set on getting my P-07 slide milled but learned about the rear sight plate and thought i'd give it a try first. It will be a $20 try. I have not completely turned away from the idea of a slide milling.

I was actually set on getting my P-07 slide milled but learned about the rear sight plate and thought i'd give it a try first. It will be a $20 try. I have not completely turned away from the idea of a slide milling.
I have a P09 milled with a RMR and it was totally worth it. That P07 if you choose to have it milled will turn out awesome, especially if you doll it all the way up with some Cajun parts.

I have a P09 milled with a RMR and it was totally worth it. That P07 if you choose to have it milled will turn out awesome, especially if you doll it all the way up with some Cajun parts.
Yeah, I have the 09, too, the travel reset on the P-07/09 could be shorter, yes, I may do the trigger upgrade but I wan to leave my carry guns stock in that area. Where did you send your slide to be milled?

Yeah, I have the 09, too, the travel reset on the P-07/09 could be shorter, yes, I may do the trigger upgrade but I wan to leave my carry guns stock in that area. Where did you send your slide to be milled?
I had McCluskey Arms in Eugene mill my slide and they did an excellent job. If I was going to have anyone else do a CZ slide for me it would likely be Primary Machine.

Are you specifically looking for someone to mill a slide to accept a Red Dot? Or is there some other operation you are looking for? If Red Dot, what mount pattern are you looking for?

Following. Since Brimstone and Copeland's are out I for one don't know of anyone.
Did something change with Copeland Custom Gunworks?

Tim did some slides for me during the faux-demic that turned out great.

I highly recommend giving him a call.

Tim posted around the first if the year that he was easing off the level if work for a while and would not be taking any new work. He stated it was temporary and would announce when he was again taking work.

Tim posted around the first if the year that he was easing off the level if work for a while and would not be taking any new work. He stated it was temporary and would announce when he was again taking work.
Thanks for the info. I took retirement at the beginning of the year... part of the high tech downturn... I may have missed stuff on the forum.

I have a dovetail plate for a CZ 75 because I did not want to mill the slide of my 75b S.A., but I wanted to try a red dot sight on it...
I did have the slide of my 75b Compact milled by Wager Machine Works and was very happy with the results. They have a lot of positive reviews.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top