JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ha! Nor do I.
You seem to have made peace with "getting shot in the face" or dying "comfortable."

I think our outlook on preservation of life may be on very different spectrums.

Which is fine. To each their own.

Out of curiosity what are the disadvantages you speak of when is comes to AIWB?
I think I've already stated the disadvantages, for me.

The main reason it doesn't work for me though is how inconvenient it is. If I have to unholster and reholster every time I sit down and stand up, I'm not going to carry. It especially doesn't work in the car.

The main reason it doesn't work for me though is how inconvenient it is. If I have to unholster and reholster every time I sit down and stand up, I'm not going to carry. It especially doesn't work in the car.
Funny. I drive for a living and never remove my holster/gun.

If you have to do this with AIWB, you've got some combination of poor setup, a low quality/flimsy belt, or the wrong holster.

In the end it's what works for you.

I AIWB P229's with and without a red dot and a 365.
Driving long distance or using the restroom isn't an issue.
Body type plays a large role as well, mine is like 1775usmc, long and lean.

I have all types of holsters and used to carry IWB at 4:00.
My shoulder doesn't like drawing from that position anymore so I switched to AIWB.
Now it's either AIWB or OWB in a Safariland midride at 3:00 on a war belt, or both. I usually have the 365 on me all the time.

or big ol' fat gut.

What I've found with AIWB is people do not take the time required to find their "sweet spot" and give up too soon.
I may or may not have a big ol' fat gut these days and I have absolutely zero issues with AIWB. Like you said though, figuring out the sweet spot is major key.

or big ol' fat gut.

What I've found with AIWB is people do not take the time required to find their "sweet spot" and give up too soon.

I may or may not have a big ol' fat gut these days and I have absolutely zero issues with AIWB. Like you said though, figuring out the sweet spot is major key.

Spot on. You gotta go through growing pains when it comes to AIWB.
It sounds like it's uncomfortable even to proponents then, until they callus up.

It sounds like it's uncomfortable even to proponents then, until they callus up.
It is just awkward because it is different, something the body is not use to. Once you have found YOUR setup it is not uncomfortable. It takes time and dedication.

One time I wore my Dale Fricke Archangel AIWB for 48 hrs, that included driving and sleep with it on.

That said...

For comfort:
OWB>IWB>AIWB

For Concealability:
AIWB>IWB>OWB

43x in AIWB every day. Took a while to find the right holster and exact spot to make it comfortable. No safety and still have all the bits in all the right places.

I do carry an extra mag in all kinds of different spots but not in my waistband.

Tried it, don't like it, moved on. I still occasionally appendix carry, however not on a consistent basis and usually only out of convenience like when I have a backpack on. My biggest problem with it is I just can't sit comfortably

Just started AIWB not to long ago, in part because I wanted to CC a 'duty' sized weapon (4.25" M&P 2.0). Still not thrilled about a loaded weapon pointed at my junk, but I know that's just a problem in my head, not in my pants (that's what she said).
'

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads