JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OVER THE YEARS having gone from owb leather to iwb holsters like the VM2 with my 1911s and p228, I found myself enjoying the Aiwb with small guns ie. 642, ppks. Both which happen to be DAO or DA/SA safer from mishaps in that position.

I have adopted a commander and a new xdm 3.8 and am refreshing my reading and precautions on appendix carry. New kydex aiwb holsters are very slick and make it more comfortable desiged for a mid size auto.

Curious if anyone has had any close calls with aiwb. I have not thank goodness and always stick to strict routines handling firearms.

I carry and shoot regularly, have instructed, taken training and am not a rookie comparatively. I plan to be by the book and safe and my new guns have grip and or slide safeties .

That being said one can never be too safe.

You do that everyday? That's dedication. Seems a lot of extra work for an otherwise simple leaking of the lizard. Unless you wear a diaper?
Everyday.

I'm not one to sacrifice my safety/security/load out simply for ease at a urinal.

Everyday.

I'm not one to sacrifice my safety/security/load out simply for ease at a urinal.
Me neither. I carry everywhere I go. But it's simple when you carry at 4:00.

And I'd much rather shoot a hole in an àss cheek than through my wiener. It would probably never happen, I haven't shot my booty, but I just don't see the advantage of the position. Especially when weighed against the disadvantages.

Me neither. I carry everywhere I go. But it's simple when you carry at 4:00.

And I'd much rather shoot a hole in an àss cheek than through my wiener. It would probably never happen, I haven't shot my booty, but I just don't see the advantage of the position.
Advantage is huge.

Easy to conceal a full size gun.
Faster draw.
Easier to retain in a physical altercation.
More comfortable IMO.

Just to name a few.

I've been carrying this way for over a decade. Not gunna change now.

Advantage is huge.

Easy to conceal a full size gun.
Faster draw.
Easier to retain in a physical altercation.
More comfortable IMO.

Just to name a few.

I've been carrying this way for over a decade. Not gunna change now.
To each his own, of course. I'm not trying to get you to change, I'm genuinely curious.
I agree with one of your points, in relation to advantage over 4:00ish. I believe it's easier to retain in an altercation. That said, I'd rather let them take it and shoot me in the face than fight over it and perform a gender transformation.

To each his own, of course. I'm not trying to get you to change, I'm genuinely curious.
I agree with one of your points, in relation to advantage over 4:00ish. I believe it's easier to retain in an altercation. That said, I'd rather let them take it and shoot me in the face than fight over it and perform a gender transformation.
Yea I'm not getting shot in the face. And the gun isn't going off unless it's removed from the holster. So I'm not too concerned with getting shot in the junk.

I'll take option 3 None of the above.

Advantage is huge. I think it's quite small, and has disadvantages also.

Easy to conceal a full size gun. Easier than 4:00, if you're in shape?
Faster draw. Not for more than one or two people I've ever trained with.
Easier to retain in a physical altercation. Agreed.
More comfortable IMO. Way less comfortable, IMO.

Just to name a few. Are there others?

I've been carrying this way for over a decade. Not gunna change now. I wouldn't expect you to.
It would be strange, and boring, if everyone agreed on everything and liked everything the same way(s). I've tried the appendicks position, it just didn't work for me. I'm always curious about the folks who swear by it, that's all. They pretty much always say it's better, not that it's better for them. Different math, I guess.

It would be strange, and boring, if everyone agreed on everything and liked everything the same way(s). I've tried the appendicks position, it just didn't work for me. I'm always curious about the folks who swear by it, that's all. They pretty much always say it's better, not that it's better for them. Different math, I guess.
Ya it didn't work for me either. At least I can say I tried

Well I'm not going to tell anyone what to carry or how to carry. Different body types. Different load outs. Different comfort levels depending on location etc.

As for me I carry

Full size Glock with a X300 WML.
2 extra 19 round mags
Fixed blade (Amtac Northman)
Folding knife
Handheld light
CAT TQ

Many think it's overboard and that's fine. It's my life and I'll carry what I see fit and how I see fit.

Well I'm not going to tell anyone what to carry or how to carry. Different body types. Different load outs. Different comfort levels depending on location etc.

As for me I carry

Full size Glock with a X300 WML.
2 extra 19 round mags
Fixed blade (Amtac Northman)
Folding knife
Handheld light
CAT TQ

Many think it's overboard and that's fine. It's my life and I'll carry what I see fit and how I see fit.
I'm not judging you. You'd be very welcome by my side in a hairy situation. I'd be happy to have your overburdened self, with all your extra equipment :D

I'm not judging you. You'd be very welcome by my side in a hairy situation. I'd be happy to have your overburdened self, with all your extra equipment :D
It will all be worth it if a day comes that I need it. It's nothing compared to the amount of gear I wore in the military. Carrying this is easy.

It will all be worth it if a day comes that I need it. It's nothing compared to the amount of gear I wore in the military. Carrying this is easy.
Like I said, I hope you're close by if I ever need more.

I'm so happy to not pack all that shlt anymore. Same issue, different takes on it. For me, I'm not going out to do battle every day so I'm not packing a lot extra. If what I choose to carry ends up not being enough, oh well. At least I was comfortable. It's all about individual goals, I suppose. My main goal, aside from not burning in hell, is to enjoy whatever remaining time I have left, in comfort. It's worth it to you, it's not to me.

Out of curiosity what are the disadvantages you speak of when is comes to AIWB?

Like I said, I hope you're close by if I ever need more.

I'm so happy to not pack all that shlt anymore. Same issue, different takes on it. For me, I'm not going out to do battle every day so I'm not packing a lot extra. If what I choose to carry ends up not being enough, oh well. At least I was comfortable. It's all about individual goals, I suppose. My main goal, aside from not burning in hell, is to enjoy whatever remaining time I have left, in comfort. It's worth it to you, it's not to me.
Yea I don't give up/quit easily.

Not ready to die yet. Especially being killed by some degenerate POS.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top