JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I pocket carry mine with a Desantis Nemesis holster, and I feel that it is still a little bulky even after break in. If you do the sticky, please post a review, I was thinking about switching over to something a little more pliable. My Nemesis does works great, though.

Whether it's Sticky or Remora my concerns are the same. I do not trust them in an IWB role. There is no retention on the firearm and no means of securing the holster IWB or in a pocket. I do not want to bet my life on hoping the holster doesn't come out with the gun when I need it most...or that I will still have a gun if I need to run...hop over a wall...or if I get in a scuffle of some sort.

Here's a pretty good review that summarizes the downsides to this type of holster.

An owb holster I found was way better as the grip on the air weight is already really small and hard to get a grip on it. With the owb it was way easier to get a grip on it. I have a desantis

15775968542922821328888352200222.jpg 15775968818354091655873428173469.jpg

My favorite pocket holster (and I have many), is from Alabama Holsters. Their design is the most streamlined and thin as possible. Check them out.

I also have some Nemesis pocket holsters, but they are more bulky than is useful, especially for a bigger gun like a 642.

I pocket carry mine with a Desantis Nemesis holster, and I feel that it is still a little bulky even after break in.

I also have some Nemesis pocket holsters, but they are more bulky than is useful, especially for a bigger gun like a 642.

^^ This is the issue I was running into with the likes of the Nemesis, Sticky, Remora and leather models like those from Kramer. I started a thread on M4C on this subject and ended up going with a Safariland Model 25, it is just the ticket and only 25 bucks on Amazon.

A description from their site...
  • Reinforced inner lining allows holster to stay open when empty
  • Features a moisture proof membrane layer that prevents perspiration from penetrating the holster
  • Suede outer material grips clothing for less movement of holster
  • Extra thin for deep concealment
It is the perfect inside the pocket holster IME. Only downside I can come up with would be it is not ambidextrous, but I liked it enough to buy both a RH and LH, problem solved.

Last Edited:
Whether it's Sticky or Remora my concerns are the same. I do not trust them in an IWB role. There is no retention on the firearm and no means of securing the holster IWB or in a pocket. I do not want to bet my life on hoping the holster doesn't come out with the gun when I need it most...or that I will still have a gun if I need to run...hop over a wall...or if I get in a scuffle of some sort.

Here's a pretty good review that summarizes the downsides to this type of holster.

Retention is not a major criteria for a pocket holster IMO, just the opposite, it shouldn't have any fight to get it out of the pocket. IWB is a different deal.

I've used the DeSantis Nemesis for my 642 as my t-shirt and shorts gun. Its a bit bulky for jeans IMO. But, If I'm able to wear anything more than an undershirt, I carry a bigger gun.

This holster has never come out of my pocket, btw. Its actually a pain to get out sometimes. Not to be worn while tumbling, break dancing, high-diving.

I pocket carry mine with a Desantis Nemesis holster, and I feel that it is still a little bulky even after break in. If you do the sticky, please post a review, I was thinking about switching over to something a little more pliable. My Nemesis does works great, though.
So far so good with the Sticky Holster. I've carried the 642 IWB with it all day for the last couple days. I found it very comfortable and that it didn't move around even with lots of getting in and out of the truck. I might try back and front pocket carry today but I'm not sure how that'll work as I tend to have "stuff" in all my pockets.

I've pocket carried my 642 in a sticky holster and it works great. It never ever ever ever comes out when I draw the gun.
the way I'm built (all jeans are skinny jeans on me unless I chose to dress like an urban clown) may help keep the gun from moving much.
I have never just tucked it into a belt or pants and wouldn't want to try it as I move around a lot.

So far so good with the Sticky Holster. I've carried the 642 IWB with it all day for the last couple days. I found it very comfortable and that it didn't move around even with lots of getting in and out of the truck. I might try back and front pocket carry today but I'm not sure how that'll work as I tend to have "stuff" in all my pockets.
Have you tried drawing with it in the pocket?

Without question, same with the 25. If you want an IWB/AIWB that will reliably retain a 442/642 check out Harry's Holsters Icon, it is a very well though out holster.
When I carry my J-frames it's in the right front pocket using a sticky holster. It works okay, though not a completely unencumbered draw as my knife is clipped to that pocket as well, and it gets used frequently.

That is very nice looking holster. Very tempting.

I use a galco iwb holster for my 340pd thats worked pretty good but its a bit bulky, mostly i use a cheap galco pocket holster that works pretty darn good. Any holster requires you get proficient with your "draw" i find using my middle finger to push down on the holster as i pull out negates the issue of the pocket holster coming out with the piece, i will say this type of holster might not be as viable if your j frame has an exposed hammer.

Last Edited:
So an addendum, for pocket carry it takes the right pair of pants. The pockets on my Carharts are too small but my government issue utility pants and Ben Davis pants the gun/holster fits just fine. It takes two fingers to draw the gun out of the pocket but the holster stays put. I do take the holster out of my pocket to re-holster the gun.

Final update on the Sticky Holster. I'm done with it. It's too big to pocket carry comfortably, and the final straw was yesterday my 642 popped out and hit the floor while going about my business. I was using it IWB and might have not had it deep enough in my waistband but that's just an excuse. I'm going with the binachi 6d ATB waistband holster. It has a clipon feature so no belt needed and thumb break retention. I've got one for my Glock 22 and it works just fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top