JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I must say that this thread opened my eyes to another option for practice. I am a firm believer in the muscle memory. Much of what was mentioned here made sense to me.

KWAPTP.jpg

Fits all my holsters. Function and feel the same. Quieter, less recoil. Seems like a win. I like it. THX everyone.

I tried paintball, but the rental guns were SOOO inaccurate that it was a waste of time and money. Are the Airsoft any more accurate?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Airsoft guns can be very accurate, though from the factory most will require exstensive modifications before real accuracy can be expected. The electric guns are far more accurate than gas guns as the electric system provides more consistent FPS readings. People can get these guns to shoot out to 300 yards plus and shoot 4-6 inch groups at 100 yards. Look up hunterseeker5. His stuff is unbelievable.

There is a place in Hillsborro called Oregon Airsoft arena has a great selection of airsoft guns. I bought an electric ar style and full auto shoots about 13 bbs a second and makes me giggle everytime i pull the trigger. Really these are made for training you can get then in full metal construction so weight and feel are just like the real thing. And at 400fps will tear pop cans apart which makes it a bit more fun.

Never did Airsoft. But as a kid, we did do BB gun wars. we had kids with red riders, all the way up to high end air guns. We also had kids with wrist rockets and I will tell you, that bubblegum hurt. You learned if you spotted anyone aiming in your direction to take cover. In my opinion, nothing will train ya not to get shot, then getting shot.:)

I can see the benifit of it. my question is this (and its probably already been answered on here somwhere in the forums) what AR15 style air gun and what 1911 style air gun would people recomend for training. I wont want some hopped up $600 bb gun but somthing moderatly priced would be good. I say these 2 guns because one is what i carry every day and the other is pretty obvous.

Never did Airsoft. But as a kid, we did do BB gun wars. we had kids with red riders, all the way up to high end air guns. We also had kids with wrist rockets and I will tell you, that bubblegum hurt. You learned if you spotted anyone aiming in your direction to take cover. In my opinion, nothing will train ya not to get shot, then getting shot.:)

I have a few scars myself from BB gun wars as a kid.... There used to be this huge field behind my house that we would use for our battlefield. We had foxholes, trenches, etc dug out there. Along with above ground forts. LOL. It was always funny to see someone go out there when we weren't playing that didn't know where everything was. Looking back, not exactly the brightest but it sure was fun! But yes, getting shot sure makes you want to do whatever you can to NOT get shot again.

Haha that is crazy. I had been shot once with a bb gun and plucking those things out from your skin is enough to make you never want to get shot at again.....For me at least.

I still have some scars from airsoft. Airsoft bbs fired from a decent gun will make your knuckles bleed, and I even shot out some guys tooth who was not wearing a mask and had too big a grin on.

I have a few scars myself from BB gun wars as a kid.... There used to be this huge field behind my house that we would use for our battlefield. We had foxholes, trenches, etc dug out there. Along with above ground forts. LOL. It was always funny to see someone go out there when we weren't playing that didn't know where everything was. Looking back, not exactly the brightest but it sure was fun! But yes, getting shot sure makes you want to do whatever you can to NOT get shot again.
Same here, we also shot each other with 410 shot guns, from a distance of course. No, not bright at all, but one things for certain, i learned really quick in my life the difference between cover and concealment. I played airsoft for a bit while i was in the Navy, it hurts, its fun, and i played with a tight group of individuals and practiced movement. Only issue i had was my M4 I used had more than 30 pellets, i think to make it realistic, load out a mag with what a real mag would hold. see how good you get then

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top