JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't like the cassette drop-ins because they can't self-retain the pins.
You have to use a button head, dog bone. E-clip, C-clip or some other gizmo on the outside of your receiver to hold them in.
Geissele has perfected the original design.
If you're on a budget, the G2S is the lowest cost at around $150 unless you catch them on sale.

I don't like them because a blown primer, ripped case rim or some other debris can shut them down and/or make it a complete bubblegum to disassemble.

Geissele has very well deserved reputation among serious users for a reason. I currently have their SSA, SSA-E & HSNM DMR trigger in my ARs. IMO the SSA (or SD-C if one prefers a flat bow) is the best for a general purpose use AR and is my standard go-to high-end trigger. If building a pistol or budget AR I'll use an ALG ACT, BCM PNT or SIONICS EMST, they are all basically the same thing, are a vast improvement over the standard GI trigger and are available as stand alone trigger or in LPK from the respective manufacturers.

I think some the FNG's like the look of the cassette drop-in and don't want to monkey with the loose parts of the Stoner design.
Mr. G's triggers have been approved for use by some units of our military.
Pretty good recommendation.

I run about 30 different triggers on my own builds, all of the above are great options. We sell all of these brands and have tinkered with all of them. Anti walk pins are pretty much required for all of the drop ins, occasionally needed for mil spec style triggers too.
Gieselle - more options than you can imagine. Trouble free and great service.
ALG - Nice trigger, but at a much lower price than the Gieselle product build along side of it.
Timney - flawless performance except for one SCAR 16 trigger that kept rolling wild...they replaced it after video of it going full auto. The Calvin Elite AR trigger is amazing for precision rifles, 1.3#, fully adjustable trigger. Great products.
CMC - Great trigger for the money. 3.5-5 pound, flat, curved, 1 stage or 2. Good value.
Lantac - same as CMC, a few trigger shoe options that are cool looking.
Rise armament - All three of their triggers are great. the 535 is artwork, sucks to hide it inside the gun. the 535 is my favorite trigger of all of these.
JMT- Decent trigger, my only quality warning is on this trigger, we've had a lot of warranty issues on these. Have sold 302 CMCs with no warranty issues, JMT, we've sold 108 of them and have sent 9 of them back for repairs, 9% failure rate is unacceptable to me.
Wilson Combat - very nice trigger, but one of the more expensive options in the market.
JP spring set and and "light" polish work on your contact surfaces. The cheapest fix and it's pretty awesome. The roller trigger is pretty nice too. JP spring pack, $12. We sell a healthy stack of these.
Mega/Zev trigger - decent, but not as crisp of reset. Better options out there for similar money.
POF - Solid trigger, not as many options.
BCM - PNT trigger, medium price point for an enhanced mil spec trigger.
Elftman - Excellent triggers. 2nd favorite only to the Rise Armament.
Hyperfire - good trigger options, not sure there is that much difference among all their varieties.

Some triggers won't function well in some lowers. Example, the Rise 535 wont run in a Mega Arms/Zev 308 lower. This was exceptionally confounding, because both products are great but they didn't like each other.

The Rise armament 535 is intriguing their site says it's three months back order but optical planet looks like they have them in for $246 at this time I haven't looked into Who has them in. But it's looking like everything I'm looking at except the Timney is in the mid 200s Timney was like 190

The Rise armament 535 is intriguing their site says it's three months back order but optical planet looks like they have them in for $246 at this time I haven't looked into Who has them in. But it's looking like everything I'm looking at except the Timney is in the mid 200s Timney was like 190
Look on eBay

In stock in our store in Vancouver. Also have one installed in a rifle here, so you can feel it...along with 30 others in store.

Well I ordered a hiperfire 24c it took some lookin around most places were back ordered but I found one place that wasn't. I was going to go with a elftmann until I came across the 24c in stock. Should have it mid next week.

Full disclosure: I am not a wanna-be "operator". I am not in the habit of turning money into noise. I carefully assemble each round of ammunition for all my guns. I have an AR15 (DPMS AP4) because I wanted a durable, accurate semi-automatic that could ride on my ATV in eastern Montana and be "rifle at the ready" for coyotes, etc. when I live there in a wall tent for a month each year.

The very first improvement to the gun was a trigger. Timney has always been a stalwart addition to my bolt guns, and so that's what I put in the AR. SportingSys said it best: "flawless performance". The little carbine became a "boring rifle", in that (with precision handloads) it will redundantly shoot groups off the bench that AVERAGE .85".

Again: this gun is for coyote hunting and target shooting, rarely if ever shot rapid-fire. The Timney trigger is an essential part of its success in that regard.

PA120151 (600x800).jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads