JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking at Libery Safe "Model Details by Size" table and specifically, Long Gun Storage.

To those of you who have a Liberty Safe (or similar) how accurate is the Long Gun Storage? Does a Liberty "30" really hold 30 long guns?

It looks way too small, but this might just be an optical illusion.

Many thanks in advance,

No, they don't. I have a Colonial 30, and the only way you could get 30 long guns in it is if none of them had scopes or pistol grips like AR's.

Once you put scopes or lights for HD on your long guns no way a 30" gun safe holds 30 long guns. I bought a new safe last year and it is larger so I can fit all of my guns. You can buy gun safe rifle rod set that help especially if you have guns that don't get taken out that much.

I do not believe the "30" refers to # of long guns it will hold. Better check more closely to confirm what this number actually signifies.....then tell US.

It completely depends on the type of weapon and how it is setup. My M1A with an M2 bipod and scope will take up 3 spaces, even smaller carbines such as AK or AR will take two spaces. Now if you don't care about cramming them in there you could fit 30 long guns.

Just for clarification: the model number is not the number of inches (") it is the total number of long guns, e.g., Liberty 24, Liberty 30, Liberty 60, etc.

Sounds like it's unanimous these things don't hold near as many rifles as they say. That is disappointing.

They must use all 30/30 lever rifles or slim tube fed .22lr rifles when rating capacity. ARs scoped and a mag hanging out takes up some room. Just depends on what style your securing and if it's scoped or not. But ya over rated rifle capacity for the most part.

They'll fit 30 if they are "traditional" configured 10/22s, double barrel shotguns, 30/30 lever guns, etc, etc.

Bottom line the number rule to buying a gun safe is to buy bigger than you think you need.

And if you use both sides for long guns. The guy I bought mine from:
Address: 3964 Pacific Hwy, Hubbard, OR 97032
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 5PM
Phone: (503) 638-2004

has a show room so you'd be money ahead to go in and look them over in person,

Those round gun safes look like they might fit all that they advertise.

DSCN5294.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR