JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Everyone,

I saw the message about the heat on the range. I want to update everyone on this topic. We have had one estimate so far about adding AC on the range and we are needing to get a few more. The reason for this is that they are a few different ways we can do this. Because of the cost involved, we want to make sure we do it right. The plan is to have it installed sometime next spring.

Also, the comment about leaving the door open is really not an option. The reason for the double doors leading onto the range is for soundproofing into the lobby and the main door needs to ALWAYS be closed. This is for your safety as well as the club. The door is the way we use to make sure only members are entering the club.

One last side note...we have recently made a decision about memberships to the club. We have never had to do this before, so we took a lot of time to make this decision. We decided on a number of memberships and when that is reached, there will have to be a waiting list. We want to make sure that we can service all the members this winter and we want to be good neighbors to the people surrounding the club. There are currently 60 or so memberships left, however, since people renew at different months of the year, some drop their memberships and that adds some spots and the sign ups during the month take up some spots.

We value all of our members and want to be fair to everyone. We are working hard to make the club better than ever.

Jill

I thought all memberships came up for renewal at the end of the year. I am pretty sure thats what you told me a couple months back when I wanted to renew in advance. Has the policy changed?????

To answer your question, it depends on when you joined the club. As most people know, my father and uncle owned the club the last 20+ years. My father bought my uncle's shares in April 2010 and then I started taking on the gun club. Anyway, before I got involved, everyone was prorated to December 1st and therefore all the renewals were always December 1st. As you can imagine, 20+ years of sign ups, more than half of the members still renew in December. I later decided to change it. Now, when someone signs up, they pay for a year and renew the following year on the month they signed up. It makes a lot more sense for the club as a business. It is easier for us if we don't allow members to pay for more that their 1 year at a time. Keeping track of all the members and due dates and everything else that goes with running the club, is an all day job in itself. The current members will not have any problems renewing their memberships, we just cannot add more than 50 or so more. We want to see how the winter months go with the limit we now have. The way it works is that we send out the membership renewals and the members we don't hear from or the ones who cancel their membership, will open spots for the people on the waiting list. The waiting list is first come first served. We don't want limit the memberships, but we want what is best for the members. Hope this helps...

Jill

Hi Jill,

I must have spoken to you today and found out that membership was at capacity. Oh well, I snoozed and so I lose. I am going to get on the waiting list and look forward to joining up when a spot opens up.

Thanks for taking the time to speak to me, and all in all, it is good news both ways: Your business is doing well, and limited membership keeps the crowds down.

thanks again,

JK

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews