JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I figured our long ago that there was next to nothing that I, living in a mud hut on the banks of a stream in rural East Anglia, could offer anybody here by way of a long distance thank you for all the good times I've had posting stuff to you.

So I figured that about the only thing I could possibly offer is something that you are just plain NEVER going to see in North America [unless you've met my pal Mountain Bear, that is] and that's my club patch. The club goes back to the latter end of the 19th century, and apart from a kind of resumption after WW1, and then in 1928, when we took over the site of a former brickworks and clay quarry, we've been here ever since.

I have just three of them to send to you -

Here they are -

1602191125584.png

They are just over four non-metric inches in diameter, and trust me, they are a real quality item.

First three messaging me with an address gets one each.

And thanks to you all.

Last Edited:
Thanks again, tac!

So, you'll have to tell us all how to pronounce it...

Is the "oun" part said as:

wun' dull, as in "This is the one"?
oon' dull, as in "He will be here soon"?
own' dull, as in "How does that sound"?
one' dull, as in "He's a clone"?

Just wanna get it right, for when the inevitable question comes. ;)

Last Edited:
Oundle as in the noise you make when you stub your toe - OW!!!!!!!!

Here's a little movie clip of Mrs tac and me driving around the High Street in our old Porsche - note that none of the buildings you see are less than around 175 years old, the Talbot, the pub/hotel on the corner, has the staircase from nearly Fotheringhay Castle, where Mary Queen of Scots was executed on the orders of Queen Elizabeth 1. It is said that her headless ghost can be seen descending the staircase on the anniversary of her death.

The students you see in their natty uniform belong to nearby Oundle School, with fees of around $45K p/a. Oundle School is a co-educational boarding and day independent school in the market town of Oundle in Northamptonshire. The school has been governed by the Worshipful Company of Grocers of the City of London since its foundation by Sir William Laxton in 1556*.

A friend of mine has FOUR children there, but then he is a helicopter dealer. He even offered me a quarter mill off a slightly-used Squirrel one time.....:rolleyes:

* I don't feel like too much of a parvenu, my own alma mater was founded by Benedictines well before the Norman Conquest of 1066, although it took the signature of Queen Elizabeth I to make it into the school it is today, apart from the fact that it now takes girls...but not in MY day.

Last Edited:
@tac,
Was out of town for a coupla weeks, and checked my mail when I got back.
To be honest, when I saw the package, I thought to myself, "Self, WhoTF sends you something from the UK?"
And then I figured it out, just before I tore open the envelope.
Thanks a brazillion for the patch. It's gorgeous, and will go on my range bag for all to see and inquire of its provenance...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top