JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While not a Raven I did see an unfired, NIB Jennings .22 the other day - with the original price of $79.95 on the box!
NOT that I would recommend them but, I did have a Davis .380 for about a decade. It's the same as Jennings and one other that were all made same way. When I bought it I was in AZ. We could not get a CC law passed. We could carry in the cars glove box. So bought this, $55. It did kind of surprise me that it worked. I would run a few mags through it now and then. figured if it got stolen who cares. When I moved back up here it sat in safe for years. Finally sold it for more than I paid for it. It was NOT for pocket carry though. Made out of that Zinc alloy and they were heavy for the size.

FYI I've been researching pocket pistols and here are the energy numbers I found using smallest pistols and the strongest "non-corbon, non-buffalo bore" ammo. These numbers are for my own use and u can of course calculate different numbers by changing pistol (barrel length) and/or ammo. Just FYI what I found with my own research.

IMO while shot placement is always of vital importance, as the energy decreases shot placement is absolutely critical (I mean if we were to exclude the factor of "psychological stopping power" that can occur with some poeple that fall down when they get shot by most any gun). Bella Twin taking a world record grizzly with a 22 long "perfect shot" is an example (energy likely around 45-60ft bl.).

22 short NAA 1"-----------32 ft.bl
22lr NAA 1"------------------45 ft. lb
25 ACP BabyBr 2"--------63 ft. lb
22 Mag NAA 1"------------77 ft.lb
32 ACP Seecamp 2"----94 ft.lb
380 ACP 2.5" 90gr.-----169 ft.lb
9mm 3" 124gr HST-----316 ft.lb

Last Edited:
Only @Stomper could offend with an opening post.... Still my hero!!!!
LOL, When I first found this site I was at work. I soon learned to not be eating or drinking anything. I almost choked or make a mess on the Office computer by laughing at something. Stomper was normally the culprit. I wold be reading along in some thread and he would come up with something the would have be literally laughing out loud. Few times it gets me some strange looks from others who can see and hear me in there. :D

Bauer .25 ACP it's a stainless version of the baby browning with a couple minor changes to work around the patent. I have carried one for over 30 years. Look for the walnut grips they are thinner.

If you can't afford a Seecamp, the KelTec P32 is an affordable small and light alternative for carry in non permissive environments. p32.jpeg

So light, my wife can carry it without a belt. She has fired a few hundred round through it without any failures. The extended magazine baseplate gives her a better grip and 9 rounds of 32acp.

OP asked about pocket carry in khakis. Does that actually require the absolute minimum size, as in the difference between a Bernadelli and a Baby Browning? Ft. pocket or back? In a back pocket it looks natural to have a cheque book. A pistol behind the cheque book does not print.
Are Carhartt's a possibility? The front pocket is voluminous, as in a Tokarev doesn't print, so something smaller wouldn't.
A .22 Mag Derringer is as viable an in-your-face gun as a .25. Up real close it will set his hair on fire, and the muzzle signature is like a .357. Not much of a pistol, but neither is a .25.
Another thought - those most teeniest .22 lr pistols often have general reliability issues due to the round being long and skinny with a rim, or they're real finicky about which brand they will work with, or they won't feed HP. .25 acp is pretty similar to some .22 loads ballistically, and feeds better due to its shape.

NOT that I would recommend them but, I did have a Davis .380 for about a decade. It's the same as Jennings and one other that were all made same way. When I bought it I was in AZ. We could not get a CC law passed. We could carry in the cars glove box. So bought this, $55. It did kind of surprise me that it worked. I would run a few mags through it now and then. figured if it got stolen who cares. When I moved back up here it sat in safe for years. Finally sold it for more than I paid for it. It was NOT for pocket carry though. Made out of that Zinc alloy and they were heavy for the size.

Some of the Davis was built better than others ,I've had some that worked well and others that lived up to the ring of fire reputation .might have been if the casting was done on a Monday or friday

I saw the Colt mentioned a couple of pages back. This one may be a little over kill (or under-kill at .25 ACP!), but you get the idea.

Colt-Junior-Engraved-4.jpg

Colt-Junior-Engraved-2-1.jpg

Colt-Junior-Engraved-3.jpg

I just love this gorgeous little pea shooter!

I have always liked the AMT Backup, as well (how come @AMT hasn't mentioned it?). I know cops use them for just this purpose.

Were any Backup .45s reliable? A friend had one decades ago and it was terrible. We tried everything we could trying to get it to run right, including having a gunsmith look at it. He finally just got rid of it.

I had a .45 Backup when they first came out. The one I had was 100% reliable and fired one full magazine without failure, after which I packed it back into its box. I traded it for something that didn't feel like it had blown up in my hand wit each shot. I found a S&W 629 with full tilt loads to be much more pleasant and controllable than that little bastur... :mad:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top