JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I'm taking a road trip from Portland to the Bay Area and was looking for info on a good spot to plank in the woods. Anyone know of an area in the Medford/Ashland area that is legal and safe? I would love to pull off of I-5 and relax for a bit. Or any area along my route? I'm safe, clean, respectful and encourage others to follow suit.
DavidM9

Consider Hostels, International they have a website, just use any Non-Google Search Engine.... I have stayed in three: the Washington D.C. One was the largest, the one on Highway 101, near the Red Woods in NW CA, the most beautiful, and then one in Portland....

They are everywhere... Inexpensive, Neat & Clean......

HTH,

philip

We have had multiple fires lately at the Jackson county sports park rifle range due to dry conditions and tracers. Please don't stop.
This is good to know, thank you. I may just scratch my stop. I've always have gone to an indoor range so I'm not experienced in outdoor shooting in the woods. Any other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks evltwn
David

Consider Hostels, International they have a website, just use any Non-Google Search Engine.... I have stayed in three: the Washington D.C. One was the largest, the one on Highway 101, near the Red Woods in NW CA, the most beautiful, and then one in Portland....

They are everywhere... Inexpensive, Neat & Clean......

Thanks boondocks36. I'll do some research
David

philip
Thanks

Get off I-5 at the Riddle exit. Drive up Cow Creek...all sorts of places to stop and shoot. It will pop you out on the freeway just north of Grants Pass...at the Glendale exit. Will add maybe 30 minutes, maybe more, to the drive time. Beautiful drive up that small canyon. It is a little know scenic drive in Oregon.

Get off I-5 at the Riddle exit. Drive up Cow Creek...all sorts of places to stop and shoot. It will pop you out on the freeway just north of Grants Pass...at the Glendale exit. Will add maybe 30 minutes, maybe more, to the drive time. Beautiful drive up that small canyon. It is a little know scenic drive in Oregon.
Nice! Thanks Otter, I do worrie about the fire danger and possibly having my firearms taken away. I understand it is legal right? Have you ever had any trouble from local authorities? Any how, I'm looking forward to the trip weather we stop at an outdoor range or take your route into the wide open. Thanks for the tip.

That would be an awesome detour. If the road wasn't closed! I tried that one in reverse a couple of weeks ago. That big fire that swept through there took off the ground cover and when it rained a huge slide closed the road. I climbed up on there, I could hardly believe it. I can see why the county didn't even try to clear it. The whole mountain is coming down. I had to back track to Glendale and go north on I-5.

So no detour on Cow Creek Road :(:(:(

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top