JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
GUOJQeN.png

I realize folks are busy with their day to activities but it just baffles me every time I see something like this and no pays attention what happening around them. Thankfully a "Sheep Dog" was nearby.

Question is, what would you do? Just drawing down on the guy could be a life changing experience. How does that impact the wife, the kids, he family finances?

Taking care of the family is one thing, getting involved in a third party situation would make me stop and evaluate more carefully...

Question is, what would you do? Just drawing down on the guy could be a life changing experience. How does that impact the wife, the kids, he family finances?

Taking care of the family is one thing, getting involved in a third party situation would make me stop and evaluate more carefully...

100% would not draw down on him unless he actively threatened me or a member of my family. It might be a bubblegumty thing to say, but my days of risking my life for strangers ended the day I left the military. If I saw this happen I would walk away (if I could do so safely) and call 911.

Respectfully ...

Thank you for sharing that video. Do not make it worse. Too many bad things could and can happen if that guy with the shiny knife decided to stick the teller. Yep ... Do nothing. Tremendous power requires tremendous restraint. Action. Non action.

I am still trying to decide if I would have drawn. Drawn but not drawed down on the guy with the knife. Just draw. Do not even present. Again a very difficult thing to decide at that time. Easy to criticize after the fact. I am glad I was not there. Yep.

The good guy with the gun seemingly never checked his six. Or his immediate surroundings. Just stupid me here but perhaps this is a very good video to use and study when and where to draw AND PRESENT your CC handgun. Very difficult indeed.

Respectfully.

Last Edited:
Id'a probably shot em....that's just me....I dont know what hes going to do after he did whatever it is hes doing and I'm not gonna take that chance of him coming after me or my family. I'll see the jury in court....just sayn

Respectfully ...

Thank you for sharing that video. Do not make it worse. Too many bad things could and can happen if that guy with the shiny knife decided to stick the teller. Yep ... Do nothing. Tremendous power requires tremendous restraint. Action. Non action.

I am still trying to decide if I would have drawn. Drawn but not drawed down on the guy with the knife. Just draw. Do not even present. Again a very difficult thing to decide at that time. Easy to criticize after the fact. I am glad I was not there. Yep.

The good guy with the gun seemingly never checked his six. Or his immediate surroundings. Just stupid me here but perhaps this is a very good video to use and study when and where to draw AND PRESENT your CC handgun. Very difficult indeed.

Respectfully.

+1. What if he grabs the clerk and threatens to kill her if you don't hand over your gun? Then what?

There was also the bagger who appeared to be in the line of fire initially. Not sure who else was down range but there were probably more people around too.

I'm surprised by the reactions of the employees and customers there. Almost seems like they've experienced this a dozen times before. The lady in green looks a bit annoyed that her transaction is going to take a little longer this time. LOL

+1. What if he grabs the clerk and threatens to kill her if you don't hand over your gun? Then what?

There was also the bagger who appeared to be in the line of fire initially. Not sure who else was down range but there were probably more people around too.

Shot placement....Do you practice? I DO!!!
And so what? He starts knifing the clerk, even better chance to plug the dude. Look, I wasnt there so I cant ACTUALLY say what I would do, but if given the chance, I'd shoot em......still just sayn....

I would have Rammed him so hard with the cart it would have knocked him away from the clerk and probably onto the ground...Then I would have drawn on him and ordered him to not move / drop the knife or die ,then telling anyone close by to call 911 and security. I would be fully prepared to stop the threat and shoot to kill. If we cannot Help our fellow Man from being a victim of a criminal then why carry the power of a gun ? I couldn't sleep at night if I did Nothing to Help....

I'm surprised by the reactions of the employees and customers there. Almost seems like they've experienced this a dozen times before. The lady in green looks a bit annoyed that her transaction is going to take a little longer this time. LOL
If you are to believe the explanation below the video on Youtube, it's in Brazil, and the guy in white is an off-duty policeman.

If you are to believe the explanation below the video on Youtube, it's in Brazil, and the guy in white is an off-duty policeman.
And that makes perfect sense, seen several similar videos where the hero was an off duty police officer. He's just doing his job... Seems there's lots of these videos coming out of Brazil, which I understand has recently reversed a general firearm prohibition, allowing law abiding citizens to arm themselves once again.

I would have kept my gun holstered because there are too many dumbstruck folks in the line of fire and it is still nothing more than a property ($$$) crime at a store that may not want to prosecute because it would cost them a few bucks in minimum wages. I will not risk my family's financial health defending myself in the courts for a property crime. That said, if the scene escalated to harm to myself or others; then, I'd respond differently. The officer had a duty to act.

Last Edited:
...If we cannot Help our fellow Man from being a victim of a criminal then why carry the power of a gun ? I couldn't sleep at night if I did Nothing to Help....

I carry to protect me and mine, nothing more. If it was a mass casualty type event, with multiple innocents threatened/at risk/injured, sure MAYBE I would do something. MAYBE.

I could sleep fine and dandy if I hadn't done anything, in an example as in the video. Each circumstance is completely different, but 3rd party interjection of a situation is markedly complex.

Ex: I seem to recall a good Sam drawing his CW at a Walmart to help stop an armed robber. The armed robbers girlfriend shot the good Sam in the back of the head. Executed.

Now mind, I also have a severe view on crime. That punishment should be far swifter & far more severe than is current. But it isn't.

However, again in today's clime, I would not likely interject myself in a simple armed property theft where me nor mine weren't primaries. Circumstances matter.

Intervening is tricky at best.
You may come into the "middle" of a situation , and things are not always as they appear...
Also the mind can have you "see" or view actions / words in a limited or skewed outlook , which again may be vastly different that what is actually going on.
Granted my two examples are not the case with the video in the OP...

Not being there at the scene and being able to "read the situation" in real life as opposed to watching a grainy video...I can not say for sure , what I would have done.

And for those who say that it is "Better to judged by 12 , than carried by 6"...
Remember those 12 may not think like you do , nor really be your "peers" in regards to life experiences and personal outlooks.
Andy

Actually the OP is a failed Ginsu Knife commercial circa 1977.

Introducing the amazing Ginsu Knife...
It slices , it dices , it even helps you rob grocery stores...
For just the low , low price of $19.95 , we will send you the 12 piece Ginsu Kitchen and Armed robbery Cutlery Set...But wait there's more....:D

Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads