JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gun Control Groups Want White House 'Public Health' Campaign Against Guns

by AWR Hawkins 4 Feb 2014 104 post a comment

After failing to get a bill through Congress in 2013, gun control groups are switching gears and asking the White House to declare guns "a public health and safety issue," hoping President Obama will "direct the Department of Health and Human Services to launch a public safety campaign about the dangers of gun ownership, much like the agency did about the dangers of smoking."

According to The Newtown Bee, Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) is involved in this strategy but did not want to comment on where the issue presently stands.

Individuals from other groups speaking on condition of anonymity voiced support for HHS involvement and want Obama "to pour money into public information campaigns and gun research."

During the January 28th State of the Union address, President Obama pledged, concerning gun control, "to keep trying, with or without Congress." This has heartened some gun control proponents who believe "the president remains committed [to the cause]."

On December 4th, Breitbart News reported a congressional study showing the number of privately owned guns increased from 192 million in 1994 to 310 million in 2009. During this same time period, crime drastically decreased.

On February 2nd, Breitbart News covered a DOJ report showing firearm-related homicides fell by 39 percent, and firearm-related violent crime dropped 70 percent from 1993 to 2011.

Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRHawkins

Lmao, hell they should start with Touch screen phones, cars and alcohol.

Every accident I see now involved two of those things. Take your pick.
Or how about the money hungry government.. The stress from having to pay the tax man with all his extortions cant be good for my heart. :)

Welcome to Nazi Germany 1938!!

If we're to win this battle we have to fight on more than just the "gun related" front. There are many fronts that are causing us to lose by attrition. IT IS THE MENTALITY THAT IS TAKING US THERE !!!!
ALL politics and the leftist agenda are taking us into hell in the fight for the Constitution period.
People better wake up real soon.

We have plenty of laws regarding how to drive a car, restriction of alcohol use, and a law about using your phone at all while driving. What more do you propose? Laws aren't necessarily the solution.

Calm down Francis, it was a hyperbole.
Its been proven time and time again laws only bureaucratically restrict the freedoms of the law-abiding.. Criminals will ignore such laws and carry-on.

They've been trying that for years and is exactly why laws were passed defunding anti-gun "junk" studies. But the round of executive orders after Sandy Hook illegally restored the funding.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

They've been trying that for years and is exactly why laws were passed defunding anti-gun "junk" studies. But the round of executive orders after Sandy Hook illegally restored the funding.
You mean a methodology that among other questionable practices ignore prior studies that conflict with the study's findings make it junk? :s0114: :s0114:

Welcome to Nazi Germany 1938!!
One of the most painful things I've had to do in my life came up recently... I have a dear friend over in Germany (the kind that if she didn't already have a guy and were open to moving here I wouldn't mind settling down and raising kids with) who's been worried about seeing some of the same markers as led to the Reich over there and was talking about bolting over here if her beloved Bundesrepublik crosses the tipping point, and having to tell her "it's even worse here--you'll have to go to Australia or New Zealand to get away, because the whole Northern Hemisphere is gonna get real ugly when the dominoes start fallin'..."

Biggest question in my mind, in a scenario like the above, who will come to our aid like we came to Germany's? We're pretty much our own little island. Mexico could care less, the Canadians are too nice to go to war. I guess that leaves it up to you, me and whatever you have on hand............

There is nobody--it truly is completely on us to keep the torch of liberty burning, or at least to preserve sparks to reignite it.

As a history major, it looks to me like the natural trend is toward tyranny, oppression and despotism, with free peoples being a comparative rarity--the light of liberty burns bright but brief, and once it's out it takes centuries for it to shine again.

So, in that light, I don't mean to be arrogant about America's position, but I do truly believe that we, the dissident American people, are genuinely the only thing standing between the world and a new Dark Ages.

Biggest question in my mind, in a scenario like the above, who will come to our aid like we came to Germany's? We're pretty much our own little island. Mexico could care less, the Canadians are too nice to go to war. I guess that leaves it up to you, me and whatever you have on hand............

Heard a new report today, there are 314,000,000 guns in America. That is a good start.

Guns aren't the problem, it's a populace with the resolve to employ them. It's not that hard to make an AK, after all...

There is a populace of silent warriors that you will never see on the net.
Don't worry there are more than you could even imagine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top