JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This place is nice, like portland used to be. Because of that, people will be restrained.

In all sincerity, welcome to the forum. I hope it is of use to you, and you're able to contribute. If you think you're going to sway our opinion of portland, nope, not going to happen. I lived there from 1971 to 1997. I was fed up with it then, and it has only gotten worse. Portland used to have corrupt cops that kept the place nice for most people. Now they have corrupt cops that run a dumpsterfire. They'll happily lock me up as a gun owner if they can, but don't give two )@$(!! about actual crime.

I have been traveling for work to Bangalore, India for the last 7 years now. In that time, I've watched the fortunes of the two cities trade places. I see more squalor, trash and crime in portland nowadays. I'm always trying hard to book my flights out of Eugene, because I hate even driving up I-205. (Not that Eugene isn't every bit as bad, it is the fact that the Eugene airport is on 99 5 miles out of town.)

As a teenager, my parents felt comfortable with me taking a Trimet bus into downtown on my own. I was just told to stay south of Burnside. Nowadays I couldn't imagine doing that.

I also can see things from ALL perspectives. Last week I spoke through the mind of a Sherpa who works as a touch typist, in Manhattan, in 1972. it was some profound bubbleblegum.

Welcome and good luck.

Portland is scum. My son is a union trades worker, working on new building in pdx, last night his van with all his tools gone. Took smoke/vape break at 1 am, came back out at 3am and van was gone!! All tools probably 3 to 5 k in tools, that will be pawned for a bag of meth im sure..

Cesspool of life is PDX. Police took report but finding a white econoline van isnt going to be easy. way too common of a van.. They basically told him, i hope you had theft coverage?
Trash..

Portland sucks a big one.

A466CC1C-F95B-45BF-BA00-D6E470836C6A.jpeg

Last Edited:
Yeah, City of Portland sucks big time. Just recently, the police are in force catching organized retail thieves. Just to show the public that they are doing something about it. A little too late in the game especially in the last few years when they let everything go to hell. Walmart is leaving and who's next? The mayor simply states that Walmart is just downsizing its stores.

Yeah, City of Portland sucks big time. Just recently, the police are in force catching organized retail thieves. Just to show the public that they are doing something about it. A little too late in the game especially in the last few years when they let everything go to hell. Walmart is leaving and who's next? The mayor simply states that Walmart is just downsizing its stores.
The mayor and Wal-Mart are able to say that based on the store's profitability which is severely affected by, you guessed it, the rampant shoplifting over the past few years which has had a tremendous impact on their bottom line.

The Nike store has asked Portland to partner with them to help staunch the unhindered shoplifting at that location.

Portland has predominantly become a sewer, but I believe that all major US cities are following suit and it would behoove you all to get as far away from them as possible. We're witnessing the decline of the Roman Empire.

The City of Pdx administrative and organizational behavior is a mirror reflections of the mental state behavior of the voters that elected the officials. This is a reflection of their social judgement and socially disordered behavior. Unlikely to change unless the voters personality and values change. Similar with the state of Oregon government leadership.

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top