JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
put all the chatter to bed....

got some buddies that brag themselves up? Wonder how your skills stack up?

Cut out 10 oval pieces of brown cardboard, 11"x18". Someone who's not shooting should place them on wooden stakes at random distances between 100 and 600 yards. Shooters cannot observe the range until it's their turn to fire. Keep time, and keep score. Each hit is worth a point, misses score 0. In the event of a tie, shorter time wins.

When would you like to do this? PM me if you do. I'm down...

put all the chatter to bed....

got some buddies that brag themselves up? Wonder how your skills stack up?

Cut out 10 oval pieces of brown cardboard, 11"x18". Someone who's not shooting should place them on wooden stakes at random distances between 100 and 600 yards. Shooters cannot observe the range until it's their turn to fire. Keep time, and keep score. Each hit is worth a point, misses score 0. In the event of a tie, shorter time wins.

Sounds like fun... that's the great thing about the competitons, talk stops and shooting starts.

Not sure this count's cause I wasn't holding the gun phisically and I was using a computer, but I put a 5 inch round through a killer tomato at 5 miles. It was my 2nd shot. The 2 shot group was about 20 yards. But, it impressed the he'll out of about 700 onlookers.

I am formerly a construction worker and I had a co worker kill a small bird in flight with a nail gun. These little birds kept swooping down at us while we were working in a bridge and my buddy got ticked and randomly shot a bunch of nails at them and hit one. It fell, presumably, to its death.
My only once in a lifetime "shot" was a sledge hammer and a cast iron pipe. My buddy was trying to break the pipe with a 5 lb hand sledge and it just wasn't budging. He got mad and tossed it on the floor next to me. I told him this is how you do it bud. I then tossed the hammer overhand from about 30 feet, with both hands, and just happened to hit the pipe and it broke. The now free upper portion fell out of the hole in the roof and came crashing down on the concrete. We both were really surprised and then laughed so hard we both fell on the floor in tears.
With a gun I am of the opinion that a double tap to the chest area is gonna kill you just as dead than one perfect shot in A LOT less time.

I was looking on Cheaper Than Dirt website and came across some ".308 Match Lake City Military NATO M118 175 Grain Ammo." It was sold out, but had some user reviews posted. Here's one of the posts.

"I shoot a Savage 110 FP Tactical in 308, with a Leupold 4.5-14x50mm Vari-x III Tactical scope, and at 1000yds put 4 holes in a target that you can put your thumb over. Very good ammo, very impressed."

This guy is only impressed with his own bullbubblegum. If I remember correctly, the world record right now is something close to 1.5 inches group at 1000 yards. That would be one **** of a big thumb.

I think he is telling the truth. Just hold up your thumb and see how big an area it covers a thousand yards out. :>)

I used to shoot a .308 in long rang tactical matches until I got sick and tired of fighting the guys shooting the 6.5X284's! So I stepped up and had George Garner build me a very nice .338 Lapua Mag on a Sako TRG-42. The best documented group I shot at 1000 yards with this rifle, and at our range outside Sacramento, was just a hair over 3 inches. Thank God it was shot during a match and the rangemaster and three others witnessed the group. Of course I have never done it again, but it still akin to a hole in one. The funny thing is, even after shooting a 3 inch group of 10's and 9's at 1000, I still only came in 6th. Whats a guy gotta do...........?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top