JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking on Cheaper Than Dirt website and came across some ".308 Match Lake City Military NATO M118 175 Grain Ammo." It was sold out, but had some user reviews posted. Here's one of the posts.

"I shoot a Savage 110 FP Tactical in 308, with a Leupold 4.5-14x50mm Vari-x III Tactical scope, and at 1000yds put 4 holes in a target that you can put your thumb over. Very good ammo, very impressed."

This guy is only impressed with his own bullbubblegum. If I remember correctly, the world record right now is something close to 1.5 inches group at 1000 yards. That would be one **** of a big thumb.

I have shot 1,000 yard matches at Ft. Lewis on range KD-22. I am sorry, but to get 4 rounds in a 1/2 to a 3/4 inch group, is just about impossible. I have a win model 70 in .308 with a 26 inch heavy barrel. I hunt wheat fields in eastern Wa. and have my rifle zeroed at 200 yards. So far the best that I can do is a 4 inch group. Not all that impressive but it is definatly a kill shot. :s0155:

I have shot 1,000 yard matches at Ft. Lewis on range KD-22. I am sorry, but to get 4 rounds in a 1/2 to a 3/4 inch group, is just about impossible. I have a win model 70 in .308 with a 26 inch heavy barrel. I hunt wheat fields in eastern Wa. and have my rifle zeroed at 200 yards. So far the best that I can do is a 4 inch group. Not all that impressive but it is definatly a kill shot. :s0155:

You are WRONG RDB!

That IS impressive! That's some good shootin'!:s0155:

Some guys are funny. I had a buddy of mine tell me that he shot a running deer at 500 yards offhand with his savage 99 in 300 savage with open sights, and dropped it.

Some of them boys up in the Northwest can shoot, if you don't believe it, ask 'em. JK. Just joined and browsing around. Saw a pistol for sale and decided to join, thanks for having me. Got a brother in law in Payllyop (sp) and I been threating to make a trip up there.
Anyway, hello from MS.

I got to goofing around once and decided to put a target rifle together from some odd parts. I then took it out to sight it in and proceeded to shoot a 3-shot group of 0.14" at 100 yards. That was the worst thing that could have happened. Do you have any idea how much time and money I've thrown downrange trying to duplicate that? Fortunately, I've shot the barrel out and there's no chance It'll happen again.

I got to goofing around once and decided to put a target rifle together from some odd parts. I then took it out to sight it in and proceeded to shoot a 3-shot group of 0.14" at 100 yards. That was the worst thing that could have happened. Do you have any idea how much time and money I've thrown downrange trying to duplicate that? Fortunately, I've shot the barrel out and there's no chance It'll happen again.

:s0114: I know the feeling. The first time I fished the Salmon Fly hatch on the Deschutes I caught trout as fast as I could land them, release them, and get my fly back in the water. Never happened again. It ruined me.

Had a guy tell me he was shooting sage rats with a .270. He said after pulling the trigger he was counting "one one-thousand, two one-thousand, three one-thousand" before the rat would explode. So, just doing the math in my head, that would be between an 8-9 thousand foot shot, which he was hitting repeatedly. Anyone else on this site able to hit a rat at roughly a mile and a half?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top