JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
image.jpeg I am hooked on tube steaks. Any favorite brands? Buns/rolls? Toppings? Places to get a great frankfurter?

View attachment 296174 I am hooked on tube steaks. Any favorite brands? Buns/rolls? Toppings? Places to get a great frankfurter?

I can't stand most typical store bought hot dogs. I do like Costco's hot dogs - nice flavor. I also like Hebrew National. Brats are a nice change from time to time too. If I'm feeling like spending a bit more, you can't beat the dogs you get from your local butcher/smoker.

And I'm one of those that likes my dogs grilled with some good dark gill marks - a little char really adds an extra level of flavor. Buns should be smaller than the dogs and minimal toppings - I usually just like a good mustard, nothing more.

I usually eat Better with Cheddars from Johnsonville. Smoked/Grilled on my Traeger with ketchup, spicy mustard and diced onions. Sometimes a few jalapeno rings too.

You guys are making me hungry for hot dogs, but we're having chicken tonight :( Oh well, the chicken has been marinating for 48 hours in Italian dressing, so there should be some good flavor :)

We devoured a pack of Kirkland dogs last week. They're not bad. I think Johnsonville beef dogs ARE THE BOMB

I always want to eat a dog cold first to test them for grease and after taste. If I eat it all, bring them on!! :D

OK chicken. Basically Italian dressing, I would marinate in rice vinager,olive oil,sesame seed oils and lots of garlic. Doesn't really matter what you do after this. This makes it sooo sooo moist
People I know say it's the best chicken ever.
Hot dog/sausages
Boil them in beer first off. Put the beer and Brits/sausages/dogs I the pan cold. Buy the time the beer is boiling the dogs are done enough.
Then grill. Sometimes they look done but aren't. Boiling them first makes sure. And adds flavor
OK,I'll have some sour kraut with my dogs. Otherwise in a fry pan, cook up some garlic,jalapeños,onions,red(or green) bell peppers
All long cut.
Season as you will.
Serve on a nicer hot dog bun.
In fact,you could long cut chicken breasts and add these ingredients.
But he advised,you will be the "go to guy" for parties:cool:

image.jpeg My goto Norwegian comfort food. Dog simmered in said soup with plenty of ketchup. I know, I know...but it's my comfort.
Good way to use stale rolls

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews