JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to love a good hotdog until my fishing buddy told me what it was like to work in a meat packing plant that made baloney and hotdogs in South Dakota.

Anybody know where to get a Chicago style hot dog in the Portland/Vancouver area? As much as I am happy to be out of Chicago, I haven't had a proper hot dog in a year. It's getting to me.

Unfortunately the best hot dogs one available close by are ball park, I don't really like em.

That aside, mustard for me. But when I grill and have people over I have other stuff available. Of course, no ketchup.

Nathans or Hebrew National when we have hot dogs in this house.
I make my own sausage and that is what we eat 98% of the time. I need to venture into making my own hot dogs/frankfurters.
Otto's on Woodstock has a good hot dog also.

ETA: I BBQ a lot, way more than what would normally be called a lot. If you smoke your sausage or dogs it will bring them to a whole new level. Even the commercially made sausages like J-ville actually are palatable after being smoked for an hour and half.

image.jpeg

Just to put this thread into perspective....
Y'all know what hot dogs are made from right?
Yeah , all the stuff they squeegee off the floor and stuff into cats gut.
All beef? All beef what?
Hahahaha
Kinda like my sis when I told her about how my boss,a Vietnam vet, wouldn't eat shrimp after watching the locals picking shrimp off their own feces ,for dinner.
She said "nothing would make me quit eating shrimp"
:D

I hope none of you worried about salt/blood pressure drive anything less than a 1 ton pickup. Studies show your survival rate in a crash goes up dramatically when you are behind the wheel of a larger vehicle. Yes I'm on blood pressure meds. Moderation my friends, moderation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top