JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friendly reminder

The other day at the Gun Site Academy training facility one of the students managed to discharged her pistol in to her uper thigh as she was placing it back into the hoslter. Injuries were minor but she was flown to major hospital close by as a precaution.
Just a reminder that even skilled people can make mistakes,

Gun Site does a lot of tactical and combat style training at their 2000 acre site.

How does one do that when reholstering? I want to know so I can avoid doing that myself. The trigger obviously has to be pulled by something. Did it catch on something?

Not clear on the facts. Was a police officer. Most logical would be finger was on trigger. But that would be speculation on my part.
I know when I took some training - they were really paranoid about proper holstering of a firearm. I think a couple times I inserted it and then repositioned my hand to complete it and the instructor corrected it.

MAybe someone else could clarify

Was a police officer. Most logical would be finger was on trigger.

67i4v7.jpg

At OFA we were repeatedly reminded that there's no prize for rapid reholstering.
I think it has more to do with training to exhaustion. I don't see the point of eight-hour marathon classes unless you're a soldier.

If the threat is down, why worry about putting the gun away so freaking fast. "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" heard that all the time when in Basic and AIT with the Army.

Ouch! I don't worry while it's in the holster, but that little, nagging doubt is always chiming in my mind when it comes out and when it's going in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top