JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's all about emotion to these guys, not facts. It's like getting people to sign a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide. If you tell them its used in making chemicals and other industrial products, then tell them that if you ingest too much of it you can die. People sign that petition without bothering to ask what the compound is, because it's about drumming up fear in weak-minded individuals.

BlueOregon?

berneydidnotread.gif

Thank you. I just posted a long reply. Odds are good that I'll get stupid responses, but I'm happy to deal with idiots, if we can change the thinking of at least 1 person.

He's getting beotch slapped by people leaving comments, even by liberals. This guy is so far off base that even the left can't stand him.

BlueOregon?

berneydidnotread.gif
sw50sw8sw578.gif

I read it!

Here are some points from the article:

It is time to consider the following proposals:

1. Amendment of the US Constitution expressly granting the US Congress and the States the power to define the 2nd Amendment (with specific-provisions for home defense, hobby, and hunting), munitions, and sales of weaponry;

2. Statutory requirement for registry of automatic weapons (hand guns as well as rifles) through the same agency that regulates and registers concealed weapons (in Oregon, this would be through the county sheriff offices);

3. Implementation of a federal and state tax structure for munitions that incentivizes lesser lethal choices (hunting rounds cheaper than hand gun munitions, assault weapon munitions taxed at higher rates);

4. Expansion of statutory powers for removal of gun rights from certain/specific types of offenses (in many cases, non-violent offenses do not carry automatic negation of gun ownership rights – DUI should be included);

5. The US Government, the State of Oregon, and local governments (counties, cities, school districts, public safety districts) should develop a 20 year plan for reinvestment in mental health care services – with an automatic placement on the 2013 Ballot for a funding package);

6. The State of Oregon should be provided added authorities, programming, and support for permanent, secured, care for individuals with the science-based profile traits associated with mass murder – with respecting the rights of appeal and annual review;

7. The State of Oregon should develop a set of passive defense standards for any/all public spaces – especially schools. Implementation would be similar to the statewide seismic rehabilitation program but with more funding available for grants, and increased local tax structure flexibilities for near-term added costs;

It's not clear to me if the author wants to regulate full-auto handguns, or just full-auto and handguns.

this is the second time on blueoregon that I've seen the usual batch of retard commenters telling people from outside of oregon to shut up, because they don't live in oregon, and the site is called "blueoregon" - despite the fact that the author is discussing a national issue and suggesting legislation and constitutional changes at a national level.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top