JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Of course, such a strategy requires state politicians to pass a law. Considering many of those same politicians are already pushing for more gun control anyway, I don't see it happening in OR or WA.

No. The sheriff doesn't have the authority to block enforcement of federal law by federal LEOs - he/she simply has the ability to not assist them in any way if they so chose.

Some have stated they will side with citizens in a real fight.

I think this is the answer to soo many federal problems and it has been used by states for many years. I remember when the feds biometric driver's license laws were enacted.
Since the feds didn't bother including any money to get this done, the states were supposed to pay for the details themselves. I don't know about your driver license but mine
certainly doesn't contain any biometric data. Apart from that my license expires upon my 65 b-day and that is when I will be renewing it, federal law or not.

No. The sheriff doesn't have the authority to block enforcement of federal law by federal LEOs - he/she simply has the ability to not assist them in any way if they so chose.

The Sheriff has ultimate arrest authority in his dominions... this goes all the way back to English common law.. in theory a sheriff can arrest a king if he commits a serious crime in that dominion

He also has the authority to raise posses to back him up. I'm game

Where the Feds get the states to do their bidding is shutting off Federal $$$$$, the states will shat their pants & jump through hoops for Federal $$$$$.

I can't wait to be instructed by my state to send my federal income tax fees to the Governor,
who will simply take what they need for the state and of course, forward the un-needed portion
to the federal gov't!

The Sheriff has ultimate arrest authority in his dominions... this goes all the way back to English common law.. in theory a sheriff can arrest a king if he commits a serious crime in that dominion

He also has the authority to raise posses to back him up. I'm game

:s0155::D

Each county sheriff has the authority to keep the feds from operating in their county if they have the guts.
There's another thread here about a county citing DHS rules instead of state law with regard to CHL issue. I think it's ironic that a sheriff can arbitrarily decide which federal or state laws they decide to enforce. or make up their own depending on their mood that day.

Just pointing out that this is a double edged sword.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top