JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As some of you know (and are subscribers) Mark and I just finished up our Christmas Special for Fire Mountain Outdoors. We decided to pay homage to A Christmas Story given that they are celebrating their 30th Anniversary. We each went out and bought a Daisy Red Ryder (a first for both of us) and decided to have a build off.

So watch the video when you have some free time with a bit of egg-nog and let us know which Tacticool Daisy do you like best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank Gosh you didn't do that to a vintage Red Ryder. Some of the vintage ones are worth a small fortune and in nice shape are quite rare.

I last used ours to get a herd of raccoons off the carport roof.

Thank Gosh you didn't do that to a vintage Red Ryder. Some of the vintage ones are worth a small fortune and in nice shape are quite rare.

I last used ours to get a herd of raccoons off the carport roof.

It would have been nice to use a couple of vintage Red Ryders... but after seeing the going price of some of these guns we decided newer was better. ;)

I have been a Daisy collector for years and have about 90 or so. Time for me to thin them out a bit, taking up too much room and I guess I have lost interest in them. Mine date from 40's to 2000 some pistols and most all models of rifles and are in all conditions...New in box to just plain ol wall hangers. Most people are looking for that special one they had as a kid. I finally found the special one a few years back when the economy was booming and paid dearly for it.
If any of you are thinking about a bit of nostalgia for Christmas, drop me a line.
Trade or cash....volume discount.

Good day Gents

OK, THAT was a pretty funny video! The thing is, I like features of both your builds- to the point where I cannot pick a favorite! I guess my Daisy BB build would be a combination of both!

Nice video Guys
The only mod's I ever did on mine back in the 60's was to take out the spring and stretch it out (probably doubled the FPS) and tapped a flashlight to the barrel for night shooting
My vote was for the "Long Range" version

Thanks for all of the kind words. This video really was a lot of fun to make. I really liked my snow version but the aspect I like most about Mark's is that everything is 100% reversable.

My hats off to you both. Great idea, good story line, and best of all...I now can finally find a use for the Jello that otherwise goes into the trash every Holiday season. Now what to do with all those fruit cakes that show up via UPS and Fed Ex on the porch this time of year! A possible part II maybe?
Merry Christmas Gents.
Rick

My hats off to you both. Great idea, good story line, and best of all...I now can finally find a use for the Jello that otherwise goes into the trash every Holiday season. Now what to do with all those fruit cakes that show up via UPS and Fed Ex on the porch this time of year! A possible part II maybe?
Merry Christmas Gents.
Rick

Hey thanks for watching.... Thinking of a new tannerite video. Hmmm.... what do do with holiday fruit cake?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top