JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
9mm question. Maybe my books are old but I can't find the recipe I'm looking for. I want to use Bullseye with Berry's 124 RN. I'm thinking 4.0 of Bullseye and a COL of 1.09. This is for a Smith&Wesson Shield. I've never loaded 9mm before. What are you guys using?

In meantime I'll go back to searching the web.

Personally don't run 124's but do Berry's 115's over 4.7 gr Unique with a OAL 1.160. More accurate than I am and leaves a nice pile of brass behind me and to the right - from my Sig M11-A1...

Here's the 124 leadings from the 10th Edition Hornady's reloading manual...

9D13B726-1253-486B-8FEA-1D7CC5A90664.jpeg

Speer book says
3.9gr=966fps
4.4gr=1059fps
1.135 col

Take this for what it's worth.......Lee is pretty much always more than Speer and Lyman but have never had an issue.
Lee says 125gr lead bullet
4.4gr-4.9gr with1.15 col
1165 fps

I would make a small batch if going lighter on volume to make sure it will cycle and feed proper. Made that mistake with 45acp wouldn't cycle so ended up with a wheel gun to use it up rather than pull it down, I guess that could be seen as a bonus.......:D

Last Edited:
9mm question. Maybe my books are old but I can't find the recipe I'm looking for. I want to use Bullseye with Berry's 124 RN. I'm thinking 4.0 of Bullseye and a COL of 1.09. This is for a Smith&Wesson Shield. I've never loaded 9mm before. What are you guys using?

In meantime I'll go back to searching the web.
I'd have to double check the COAL, but that powder charge should work fine. You've definitely got room to go up if you need to.

Bullseye is pretty much all I use in 9mm. I've gone through literally 10s of thousands of Berry's Bullets. They're a great option for a less expensive projectile.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top