JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got a little of everything in semi-auto:

.380 auto (Kel-tec)
9mm (XD)
.40 (Glock)
.45 (Springfield M1911)
10mm (Glock)

... and then a buttload of milsurps in various calibers from 7.62 Nagant to 8mm Nambu.

The .40 is my carry pistol though. Best middle ground of power and concealability that I own.

I've got the xd subcompact in .40 and I love it. Recoil is very manageable even in the short barreled pistol and I feel confident in the stopping power of the .40. But I'm also with you in trying to keep my varying calibers limited, however I think you'll be sitting really good with your variation of the 9s 357s 45s and 40s. You'll pretty much have all the best handgun calibers at your disposal which I think would be excellent.

IMHO the .40 is nothing like a .45, more like a little bigger 9mm. I own all three calibers. If I want to carry more rounds then 9mm is fine, .40 is about the same. If I want to put a big hole in what I'm shooting at .45 is the right choice. Set the rounds next to eachother. You might mistake a .40 for a 9mm but the .45 round is clearly different.

hmmmm

9mm.jpg

I understand the dilemma. I was going to go with a 9mm when I first started looking for a pistol and ended up with an XD40 tactical. where it is not the best carry gun I do like it. I then bought a 9mm to carry. I wanted to stay with one round, but I,m glad I have both.

This thread wasn't intended as a 9mm vs .40 S&W thread, as I am aware of the balistic performance... I was simply trying to decide if it was worth adding another caliber to the handgun collection, and the question was pretty much asked as a joke. Obviously, I already have more powerful handguns in .357 and 45 ACP.

I have liked .40 I have a TON of .40 ammo so I told my self i was going to just stay with a .40... But recently I have been thinking about getting a 9mm 1 because they are cheaper to shoot. and 2 they are one of the most popular rounds out there.. So finding ammo for that cal. should never be to hard.

This thread wasn't intended as a 9mm vs .40 S&W thread, as I am aware of the balistic performance... I was simply trying to decide if it was worth adding another caliber to the handgun collection, and the question was pretty much asked as a joke. Obviously, I already have more powerful handguns in .357 and 45 ACP.

I started to rationalize rifle and handgun calibers, just so I could stock *more*! I skipped the .25, .32, and .40, keeping with the .22, 380, 9mm and .45 in the semi autos. Similarly, I skipped the .41 and .45 in my revolvers. I am always drawn to another, but, as I get older I learn to resist!

Bob

There's a number of valid reasons to go for the .40, but "9mm is for women" isn't one of them. If you need a pistol caliber to affirm your masculinity, it's because you probably don't have any other options for achieving that goal. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top