JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i don't understand the negative comments on 9mm.for if nothing else this reason alone.
it's a quick and true response not a jab at anyone.
the 9mm has been killing soldiers of the military of a lot of nations for 70 years or more. kinda like the fal 80 countries can't be wrong.

as far as adding a 40 cal. it does shoot nice. i have a sig 226 in 40 and bought the 357 sig barrel for it.
after shooting about 250 round of 40 through it and changing the barrel to 357 sig i have never put the 40 barrel back into it. it now has about 2,000 rounds of 357 sig through it and i really like it better.
ammo is about the same in price so check out the 357 sig.:s0155:

.40 is harder on weaker wrists, even with perfect grip taken into account. 9mm can allow you to put more in the same spot, .40 has been shown to have great penetration and power. Law of averages brings it back to simply preference.

Though you CAN shoot more for less with 9mm.

i don't understand the negative comments on 9mm.for if nothing else this reason alone.
it's a quick and true response not a jab at anyone.
the 9mm has been killing soldiers of the military of a lot of nations for 70 years or more. kinda like the fal 80 countries can't be wrong.

Bombs have killed more people than bullets...using the military as an example is a bit flawed. Just because they HAVE to use a specific calliber makes it in no way shape or form more superior than another calliber.

Bombs have killed more people than bullets...using the military as an example is a bit flawed. Just because they HAVE to use a specific calliber makes it in no way shape or form more superior than another calliber.

so it's flawed to say that for all these years all military use around the world that has used 9mm for so long and has HAD to use them? and they didn't do the job???? come on that makes no sense. most countrys around the world that use the 9mm uses a hotter round than most US loads. i don't think that all these countrys can be wrong. there are many reasons to use 9mm the biggest is that they can carry more rounds the other is what?? hmm because countrys are using it! i don't see any changes being made in US military as far as caliber maybe gun but that's my opinion.
what it comes down to is any gun is better than no gun no matter what the caliber. everyone can have an opinion just have it make some sense and not on emotion.

so it's flawed to say that for all these years all military use around the world that has used 9mm for so long and has HAD to use them? and they didn't do the job???? come on that makes no sense. most countrys around the world that use the 9mm uses a hotter round than most US loads. i don't think that all these countrys can be wrong. there are many reasons to use 9mm the biggest is that they can carry more rounds the other is what?? hmm because countrys are using it! i don't see any changes being made in US military as far as caliber maybe gun but that's my opinion.
what it comes down to is any gun is better than no gun no matter what the caliber. everyone can have an opinion just have it make some sense and not on emotion.

Do some research....we went from .38 Specials to the .45 ACP. Then went to 9mm from NATO pressure.

Your 9mm defense is politics....not because it is a better round but because of politics.

The British .303 Enfields were great rifles....in fact, they still are. But because of politics, they had to go to .308 and 5.56 like the rest of the world. The US Army went to the Beretta 92FS from the Springfield 1911 for the same reason...politics.

You're going to sit here and say our military is better off with that switch? Honestly? Most police departments are so fed up with 9mm, they have switched to .40s, back to .45s and even the newer .357 Sig calliber.

The ONLY advantage 9mm has over other callibers is magazine capacity...that is it. Nevertheless, that's like me taking a .22 pistol and cramming 50 rounds in it and calling it superior.

Do some research....we went from .38 Specials to the .45 ACP. Then went to 9mm from NATO pressure.

Your 9mm defense is politics....not because it is a better round but because of politics.

The British .303 Enfields were great rifles....in fact, they still are. But because of politics, they had to go to .308 and 5.56 like the rest of the world. The US Army went to the Beretta 92FS from the Springfield 1911 for the same reason...politics.

You're going to sit here and say our military is better off with that switch? Honestly? Most police departments are so fed up with 9mm, they have switched to .40s, back to .45s and even the newer .357 Sig calliber.

The ONLY advantage 9mm has over other callibers is magazine capacity...that is it. Nevertheless, that's like me taking a .22 pistol and cramming 50 rounds in it and calling it superior.

here is a intresting read straight from the FBI please read page 14
HANDGUN WOUNDING FACTORS AND EFFECTIVENESS

but do read the rest as there is great info for all.
i'm not going to get into a my caliber is better than yours.
i go by facts and the facts are there are a ton of miitary and police around the world using the 9mm they all can't be wrong.
why did the germans stop using most of the mp5's in 40 cal?
because follow up shots were better with 9mm.
i'm done with all the bikering you have your opinion.:s0155:
;)

Most .22 pistols only hold 10 rounds due to the rim on the shell. I for one am way more accurate and can shoot faster with accuracy with 9mm, I would say this is also an advantage.

i have a sig 226 in 40 and bought the 357 sig barrel for it.
after shooting about 250 round of 40 through it and changing the barrel to 357 sig i have never put the 40 barrel back into it. it now has about 2,000 rounds of 357 sig through it and i really like it better.
ammo is about the same in price so check out the 357 sig.:s0155:

Where are you getting .357 Sig for around the same price as .40? I pay $13-$16 for .40 practice ammo and $24 for .357 Sig. I'd like to shoot that more but I can't find any cheaper ammo.

Where are you getting .357 Sig for around the same price as .40? I pay $13-$16 for .40 practice ammo and $24 for .357 Sig. I'd like to shoot that more but I can't find any cheaper ammo.

i use the speer frangible it comes in a 100 round box. the sell it at discount ammo up here in tacoma. i don't remember exact price but it's very close to 40 cal.

The .40 has wound up being the round that I carry, shoot, and reload for the most. Not exactly by choice, but because I received good deals on the few that I have. It works well, carries well, and (once you study up on it) reloads easy. I can't say that I have ever been disappointed with other pistol calibers, but this is what has decided to be my main pistol caliber. I am in no way disappointed by this.
Nothing wrong with the 9mm it is just that the trades that have come my way for the pistols which I have wanted, have by and large been in .40cal.

Get what trips your trigger and makes you happy. If you want to add a .40 S&W, then add one. Lots of folks will talk about the advantages of the round vs. the 9mm, and lots of folks will talk about the disadvantages of the round vs. the .45. So what? Only you can make the determination as to whether you really need to add it to your collection. One thing is for certain: You'll have an easier time finding 9mm ammo at a reasonable price than you will finding .40 S&W at a reasonable price. If the gun is going to be, for the most part, a range hound, I'd keep that in mind first and foremost.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top