JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got this in my email and figured I'd pass on the info.

Hope this helps someone out.

James

Screenshot_20200411-111747_Gmail.jpg

this is the second tip on ammo availability Ive seen in a few weeks, does this mean the covid-ammo crunch is starting to fade?

I think manufactures are starting to catch up to demand. I'm waiting for this to be all over and there is so much ammo out there I can get discounted plinking rounds for the wife n kids.

Not sure if this is the place to post but NW Armory in Milwaukie has S&B 115gr 9mm $199/1k rnds as well as Frontier 55gr 5.56 $175/500rnds. Just hoping to help out someone looking.

I think manufactures are starting to catch up to demand.
I hope so. I want to go target shooting and don't want to dip into reserves..
I'm wondering now if the sales of new gun owners (panic buying..) are starting to slow down? That would seem like a good indicator of ammo availability beginning to return to normal I think...

I already posted the add in the ammo/reloading area but this will probably maket it more visible as well. Not sure if the mods want duplicate threads

Thanks for looking out as well
James

I have a feeling that soon ammo will be flooding the market. All these manufacturers running to catch up. Suppliers ordering everything they can get. Soon people will relax with the ammo and stores will be discounting it and throwing up rebates left and right. The local bimart shelf here were completely empty and they reloading shelf was pretty bare as well.

200$ for a 1000rd case of S&B 9mm that's pretty tempting though.

James

I have a feeling that soon ammo will be flooding the market. All these manufacturers running to catch up. Suppliers ordering everything they can get. Soon people will relax with the ammo and stores will be discounting it and throwing up rebates left and right. The local bimart shelf here were completely empty and they reloading shelf was pretty bare as well.

200$ for a 1000rd case of S&B 9mm that's pretty tempting though.

James

It was $150/1000 just a couple of months ago at the Tigard store, so still up, but back to pre-Trump pricing which I would consider "normal".
Honestly, the last 3 years have been one continuous ammo sale and not what I would consider historically "normal". If we can get back to easy to find ammo at or under 20cpr for 9mm and 27cpr for .556 brass like this I would be fine.

Ammo sales will eventually slow down because naturally people aren't shooting as much now and there's only so much room in a house to store ammo! (or is there?o_O) Then ammo prices should level out slightly. I just bought a bunch back in February and at good prices, I don't feel inclined to buy more if I don't need it right now if prices are jacked up. These prices shown are good to go though.

Unbelievable the price gauging by some of these ammo posters here. 30+ cents a round for 9mm? Ridiculous. Be patient, ammo is being replenished. And yes, 1k rds of brass 9mm for $200 at NWArmory is a decent deal. Bimart down the road from my house had Blazer Brass for 8.99 a box, it was there but went fast. Just shop for it you'll find it.

I've seen 9mm as high as almost 1$ round for ammo posted for sake. We're supposed to be a community to help each other. Atleast post things for sale equal to or lower than best found price.

Not calling anyone out specifically. Just frustrated at websites and people looking at our horrible situation as a get rich quick scheme. Not just ammo. I saw an article about a couple in Cali that made 70k profit off TP. They also got arrested too.

Sorry bout the rant.
James.

Online prices on some of the defensive ammo that I use is still double what I was paying for it last January. I don't need anymore, but do keep track of prices.

The last time that I stocked up on 5.56x45 Federal/Lake City green tip it came out to about 23 cents a round after rebate. 27 cents a round is the usual good price, but I am seeing up to 49 cents a round advertised online - $399 for 820.

It will be a while before I do any more stocking. If anyone sees Federal Vital Shock #4 Buck or Fiocchi Nickle plated #4 Buck on sale, let me know. This is the only ammo that I am low on and right now is impossible to find.:)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads