JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was asleep as usual because I worked nights. Got really ticked off that the phone kept ringing and was getting woke up by incoherent hysterical answering machine messages from my Mom. The G.F. now wife was in Ireland at the time.

I've since become a news junkie where before I was just blindly coasting along unaware.

The Govt. has either been very lucky or done very well at keeping big scale Terrorism at bay since 9/11.
I'm pretty sure the small scale stuff we've been seeing is going to increase though.

Anybody think we'll ever see something big again....Crashing a large plane into a city or even nuclear, biological???
Or perhaps a Westgate Mall, Nairobi style attack?

Are you prepared. Are your kids?

upload_2015-9-10_18-17-23.png

Those unvetted refugees will get here with European Passports way before we get them in any numbers.
It's political poison I would think even for Obama's party I hope.

Those unvetted refugees will get here with European Passports way before we get them in any numbers.
It's political poison I would think even for Obama's party I hope.
Nope, the Democrats plan is to bring in their voting base..We'll be out numbered and out voted; at least that appears to be their plan. You know the saying: If you don't like the vote, elect a new voter.

I was feeding my son a bottle, he was 4 months old. I watched the second plane hit and wished I was still in the military so I could refresh the tree of liberty.
:s0014:

The world seems more screwed up than before 9/11, yet things seem relatively safe domestically.

A woman decapitated where? Oklahoma?, a bombing in Boston. A few Soldiers shot, a few more again. A couple of other workplace violence news items that quickly are forgotten.

Such a big Country vs the amount of Terrorism. More trouble from gang activity and "normal crime" as well as drugged up punks shooting up theaters than Muslim extremists.

How come we are so lucky?

As for the Europeans I guess their plan is to transform themselves enough culturally that the Terrorists will pick on someone else. Good luck with that.

Just something else to think about on this Anniversary besides remembering all the lives lost.

I was just getting home from a night shift paving job, saw the second plane hit. I knew America would never be the same again. They still haven't learned to keep our enemies out of the country and now they are letting them have nukes...o_O

i was 13 years old when that happened. i was about to ride my bike to school but my mom made me stay home and watch the news. remember it like yesterday.

I was working two jobs, they sent us home from the first, and the 2nd they let me take the day off.
My first job was at AT&T wireless working in collections. We took calls from the east coast.
I remember for that next week I would get calls from NY and NJ and all you hear is sirens in the background.
It was cool that for that month regardless of past due bills AT&T turned everyone's phones on without payment for those who had their services disconnected.

I remember watching the news for days and couldn't stop watching those images.
I still have the front page of the oregonian from 9/12/2001

Heard the news on the radio that morning and since the morning show was full of pranks I thought it was a bad repeat of the "war of the worlds" and they would be getting fired over scaring the politicians promises out of the listeners. When the second plane hit they sent everyone who wasn't a posted safety position home (corrections so you can't send the guards home). I lived a couple blocks from an airport and one thing that still sticks in my mind was how quiet everything was that first week with the no fly zone in place.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the 9/11 truther movement:s0054: My Dad is a member of your group!

Any new bits of evidence?

I believe that many of them argue that Israel was really behind the attack. Some sort of world-wide Jewish conspiracy. Part of the conspiracy theory involves 5 Israelis that were supposedly in New York and videorecorded the attack on the Twin Towers, and then celebrated. They are known as being "The Five Dancing Israelis".

I know that this is what Louis Farrakhan believes, if you respect his opinion at all:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/farrakhan-lying-murderous-zionist-jews-behind-911/

Last Edited:
The world seems more screwed up than before 9/11, yet things seem relatively safe domestically.

A woman decapitated where? Oklahoma?

Well, she was decapitated by a former co-worker who had tried to convince her to convert to Islam while at work. She and others workers complained to management that he was harassing them on the job, and got him fired.

He claimed that she blasphemed Islam while rejecting his attempts to convert her. And under strict Sharia law, blasphemy is a capital crime. There are still numerous Muslim nations where people are being sentenced to death for blasphemy all the time.

In any event, in his mind she had committed a capital offense, and thus had to die.

So it was sort of a cultural misunderstanding. He wanted America to be operated like Pakistan or Saudi Arabia.

Last Edited:
19 year old cable guy.

Yeah; needless to say I was around the news all day. The only day nobody's cable was shut off.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top