JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks Mike for reminding us.

Places like that need to remain in our collective memories.

I have not had an opportunity to visit the Nazi murder factories.
Spending a few days at the Japanese versions at Bataan and Corregidor in the PI can fill your cup just as well.
Opens your eyes to the fact that man is not always a noble creature.

Take the opportunity if it happens.

I wish American history was still being taught to include the wars our country has fought from our beginnig and with a major emphasis on the Revolutionary, Civil, and World Wars. Rather, today's schools are too busy indocrinating students into believing how evil we have been throughout our short history. Gen Xers are probably the last generation to have even heard of WW1 and 2 or even know about Concentration Camps. Each generation is further removed from the reasons, principles, values, freedoms, and responsibilities as to how and why our country was formed the way it was. I pray we "Never Forget," but memories and attention spans are getting shorter and shorter.

A few pictures from my trip there (back in 94).

I realize it may be a traumatic experience...and you may find the pictures unsettling. But if you ever get the chance to go there, do not pass it up. It's vitally important that we never forget what happened...and what the human race is capable of.

This is the front gate to Auschwitz. The Germans were quite sadistic in their taunting...Arbeit Macht Freit = Work Sets You Free

8601UPY.jpg

The museum has several rooms that are FILLED with articles taken from the prisoners. This a room full of shoes.
Jv58Vix.jpg

Bunks in the barracks
eZkAQZk.jpg

ONE of the crematoriums at Birkenau (Auschwitz 2)
u3jt48K.jpg

A few pictures from my trip there (back in 94).

I realize it may be a traumatic experience...and you may find the pictures unsettling. But if you ever get the chance to go there, do not pass it up. It's vitally important that we never forget what happened...and what the human race is capable of.

This is the front gate to Auschwitz. The Germans were quite sadistic in their taunting...Arbeit Macht Freit = Work Sets You Free

View attachment 1354246

The museum has several rooms that are FILLED with articles taken from the prisoners. This a room full of shoes.
View attachment 1354247

Bunks in the barracks
View attachment 1354248

ONE of the crematoriums at Birkenau (Auschwitz 2)
View attachment 1354249
I wouldn't be able to get through a tour of that.

They keep telling/teaching the children in school they can choose whatever sex they they feel like being. They should be teaching them just exactly WHY America sent thousand and thousands of Americans to die in WWI and WWII. And then, at the proper age, show them the "Other" pictures from those death camps.

I wouldn't be able to get through a tour of that.

They keep telling/teaching the children in school they can choose whatever sex they they feel like being. They should be teaching them just exactly WHY America sent thousand and thousands of Americans to die in WWI and WWII. And then, at the proper age, show them the "Other" pictures from those death camps.
I have said for a while things like that PBS "The War", by Ken Burns should be shown to kids every year. They of course will not as they are trying to rewrite history now. :mad:

I have said for a while things like that PBS "The War", by Ken Burns should be shown to kids every year. They of course will not as they are trying to rewrite history now. :mad:

They want to ignore the details, but continue to appropriate certain words to justify "anger".

For example "he's a literal Nazi" Either they don't understand the term "literal", but more likely they're ignorant to what "Nazi" actually represents. It's disparaging to the immense struggles our world went through to deprecate Nazi to an ignorant insult.

I think a big reason certain institutions want to ignore the past, they'd see themselves in the reflection. Studying about the rise of the Nazi party reveals quite a few similarities to today.
I'm pretty sure Hitler would be a huge fan of censorship, and he'd likely admire how countries like China use tech to control people in a homogeneous society.

Oh, BTW, does anyone know when the next iPhone comes out? I gotta be the first to get it.....

They want to ignore the details, but continue to appropriate certain words to justify "anger".

For example "he's a literal Nazi" Either they don't understand the term "literal", but more likely they're ignorant to what "Nazi" actually represents. It's disparaging to the immense struggles our world went through to deprecate Nazi to an ignorant insult.

I think a big reason certain institutions want to ignore the past, they'd see themselves in the reflection. Studying about the rise of the Nazi party reveals quite a few similarities to today.
I'm pretty sure Hitler would be a huge fan of censorship, and he'd likely admire how countries like China use tech to control people in a homogeneous society.

Oh, BTW, does anyone know when the next iPhone comes out? I gotta be the first to get it.....
Android.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads