JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My brother inherited about 100 7.92x57 milsurp ammo. I had it up in the classifieds here and got 0 interest whatsoever. So, I am thinking about getting a rifle he can shoot it out of. Are there still options to get a good rifle we can have fun with for 100-200 bucks? Other than Mauser are there other rigles I should be looking for?

My brother inherited about 100 7.92x57 milsurp ammo. I had it up in the classifieds here and got 0 interest whatsoever. So, I am thinking about getting a rifle he can shoot it out of. Are there still options to get a good rifle we can have fun with for 100-200 bucks? Other than Mauser are there other rigles I should be looking for?

I know Remington put out a bunch of 700 classics in 8x57 that didnt sell well. They will be more than $200, but are a nice rifle.

There are also a bunch of Husqvarna commercial Mausers out there.

Maybe a TC Encore barrel if you have a frame or are interested in buying a switch barrel rifle?

You will probably find it difficult to find any 7.92x57mm chambered rifle for $200 or less. Even mossy nuggets (I know they are a different caliber) are selling for more than that, and they are more plentiful right now. I paid about $230 for barreled Yugo M24/47 actions 2 years ago or so from the now-defunct Samco. My experience with Yugo milsurp ammo was about a 30% misfire rate, but it came on stripper clips that cost as much as the ammo separately.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top