JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My brother inherited about 100 7.92x57 milsurp ammo. I had it up in the classifieds here and got 0 interest whatsoever. So, I am thinking about getting a rifle he can shoot it out of. Are there still options to get a good rifle we can have fun with for 100-200 bucks? Other than Mauser are there other rigles I should be looking for?

My brother inherited about 100 7.92x57 milsurp ammo. I had it up in the classifieds here and got 0 interest whatsoever. So, I am thinking about getting a rifle he can shoot it out of. Are there still options to get a good rifle we can have fun with for 100-200 bucks? Other than Mauser are there other rigles I should be looking for?

I know Remington put out a bunch of 700 classics in 8x57 that didnt sell well. They will be more than $200, but are a nice rifle.

There are also a bunch of Husqvarna commercial Mausers out there.

Maybe a TC Encore barrel if you have a frame or are interested in buying a switch barrel rifle?

You will probably find it difficult to find any 7.92x57mm chambered rifle for $200 or less. Even mossy nuggets (I know they are a different caliber) are selling for more than that, and they are more plentiful right now. I paid about $230 for barreled Yugo M24/47 actions 2 years ago or so from the now-defunct Samco. My experience with Yugo milsurp ammo was about a 30% misfire rate, but it came on stripper clips that cost as much as the ammo separately.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top