JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CMP will begin selling these at the following prices

Collector grade: Termite destroyed stocks with metal parts reduced to slag and mostly rusted. $14,999
Service grade: Picture of a pile of rusted M1 garands $14,889
Rack grade: You send us your garand and we put it in an industrial shredder and we send you the video $12,895

"This cost us 1.6 million, the boat rental cost 30 million, decontamination cost us 80 million, this was an excruciating endeavor to get these back."

CMP M1 Garands for sale.

Starting at $10,000 for a shooter grade model.

F that. Much as I want a Garand, I would buy a machine gun before dropping 10k on an antique rusted out semi auto 8 round nearly century old gun.

I'll say it again. These were all bought and paid for by American tax payers. CMP should disperse any military surplus weapons via lottery, free of charge to any honorably discharged veteran before they are sold to the general public. Pending background check of course.

I'll say it again. These were all bought and paid for by American tax payers. CMP should disperse any military surplus weapons via lottery, free of charge to any honorably discharged veteran before they are sold to the general public. Pending background check of course.

That is a brilliant idea. Be a hell of a thank you to our service members.

Boat rental was only (lol, only) $3.2 million

May sound like a lot with this and the 3-4 million to clean for asbestos and termites.
But even if they have 10 million into these 85K M1's. That's only about $118 each.

They will break them down and build and sell everything they can.
There will be the different grades for sale. Plus those that go to auction. Then built up rifles from reconditioned parts and some aftermarket parts like barrels.

They can even sell sand blasted but pitted receivers alone. Plus other pitted cleaned up parts.
Just like they have done in the past with every incoming batch.

Just the CMP doing the CMP. o_O

Glad to see they are being a little more sensible in the pricing then they are with the 1911s, those are outrageous for what are essntially floor sweeping, barey shooter grade basic build pistols!

M1 Garand - Civilian Marksmanship ProgramWhere are you guys getting your prices from? The CMP website has a price list and it seems many can be had for under a "Garand" ;)

just guessing since they are now selling rusted 1911's around a $1000 because the collectors and people who want to flip them for profit are falling over themselves trying to buy one. Non-profit marksmanship program is really a for profit firearm business with a huge government subsidy it seems.

Plus they are selling the 1911's sight unseen. You just have to trust them about how much rust is present.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top