JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am curious about 7mm Mag barrel life also. I have a Remington 700 Long Range I have been playing with for a little over a year. I have about 330 rounds through it so far. I am pushing 180 ELD-M bullets at about 2885 fps and 175 ELD-X at 2950 fps. So not real high speed but I think fairly quick for the bullets weight.

My gun is pretty heavy so it is pretty easy to shoot. Although I didn't intend for this gun to be something I shot a whole lot, I have now decided that I am not going to limit my round count any. It is shooting pretty good now but I won't be overly heart broken when I do have to rebarrel since I think it will shoot the heavy bullets better with a 1:8 twist barrel compared to the 1:9.25 it comes with from Remington.

There are some precision forms out there that seem to have some good real world data. The 7mm seems to be popular with the competition sniper type shoots, and they have some neat info.