JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Good mention. Also worth mentioning, RTB also perennially has these pencil barrels cheap, with a pinned LP block, cap, and nut. Buy it when they do their regular sales and it's $75 or less delivered.

https://www.righttobear.com/bushmas...w-double-pinned-gas-block-barrel-nut-end-cap/

Over-run Bushmaster stuff and word on Arfcom is they are decent barrels and very worth the small amount of $$. Also quite a bit more practical if you are not the proud owner of a grenade launcher and don't need the otherwise useless and clunky M4 profile.

These barrels are MANUFACTURER OVERRUNS, meaning they are not traditionally sold to the public. They feature a Black Nitride / Melonited type of nitrocarburized case hardening that aide in resistance to corrosion.
:s0140:

Than who are they sold to? They sure as hell aren't sold to the military.

Just looking for a cheap barrel... Combat armory ships at just under $70

They also have a $50 BCG and other components on sale for cheap. (gas port, tubes, CH, etc.)

Flat shipping can save some bones.
Damn, I'll look into those. Have purchased a few inexpensive barrels from RTB and they look great for the price. Including the pinned gas block one mentioned above. I usually buy these and whatever parts I can to put in a box with a lower receiver. All gel breaks loose and ARs go back into panic buying mode, these prices won't exist.

Damn, I'll look into those. Have purchased a few inexpensive barrels from RTB and they look great for the price. Including the pinned gas block one mentioned above. I usually buy these and whatever parts I can to put in a box with a lower receiver. All gel breaks loose and ARs go back into panic buying mode, these prices won't exist.
Between them, I think the main difference is the twist rate (8:1 vs. 7:1) and the CA one is parkerized vs. the RTB one is some kind of hybrid "nitride". I would imagine the CA barrel likely doesnt have the potential muzzle thread issue as well.

If the goal is being able to do an extremely budget friendly build though... either one will puff smoke.

Between them, I think the main difference is the twist rate (8:1 vs. 7:1) and the CA one is parkerized vs. the RTB one is some kind of hybrid "nitride". I would imagine the CA barrel likely doesnt have the potential muzzle thread issue as well.

If the goal is being able to do an extremely budget friendly build though... either one will puff smoke.
Good to know. I usually try to assemble a complete rifle or two worth of parts when parts are stupid cheap. If I can keep them in the $300 range, I'm happy. I've sold similar in the past as high as $600 in a panic. Great project/investment type thing.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top