Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

7.62x54r non-corrosive, non steel

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Aero Denezol, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Aero Denezol

Aero Denezol Salem Active Member

I have Mosin Nagant I've never shot and now that winter is upon us I'm feeling very 'Stalingrad'. Except my range does not allow steel core bullets..

Do any of the box stores in Oregon (or smaller shops) sell non-corrosive, lead core 7.62x54r? I'm not talking about the brass cased Winchester 180 gr hunting rounds, just looking for light ball cartridges from Brown Bear, Wolf, or Tula... i.e., cheap.

I don't feel like going online and blowing $50-$100 for ammo and then waiting two weeks.

Thanks in advance

2. NWAMMO

NWAMMO Salem, Oregon, United States New Member

Aero, i have six 20rd packs right now and will be ordering more within the next day or so. if you know how much you want i can have it here hopefully by friday.

3. Aero Denezol

I thought you guys only had steel core corrosive.. Do you have the non-corrosive factory new loads?

If so, I'll swing by after work and pick up a couple boxes.

4. NWAMMO

My mistake Aero, it is the steel core FMJ's. We dont have any of the non-corrosive factory stuff either, although I could look into that for you if you would like?

5. Aero Denezol

Sure! I'm not up for buying an entire case, but maybe other locals are interested? I know ARPC will not allow steel core.. likely Four Corners does not either.

Let me know what the approximate cost would be per box.

6. NWAMMO

Will do!

7. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Look/ask around for Bulgarian "yellow tip" heavy ball or Yugo M30. Both are brass case and lead core. How many you need?

Check this site: 7.62x54r Ammunition Evaluations