JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any one out there shoot this. I've had a .264 Win Mag and I now have a .284 Win and I'm putting together a 7X57 so I have some familiarity with this caliber range. On the surface it seems to be an improved 6.5 Creed with a bit better stats. Just got a bit of money that honey doesn't know about and I'm looking for something in this area. Your experience and comments would be appreciated.

I have a 6.5CM gas gun, so when I was looking for a bolt gun I wanted a different cartridge so the bolt gun and gas gun brass would not get missed together.

I was pretty sure I was going with 6.5PRC but then thought long and hard about the distances that I would shoot and it was going to be shooting paper 99% of the time. I was pulled towards a 6.5x47. Very accurate, and Lapua brass.

But now I am thinking more along the lines of a 6x47.

6.5PRC is great but if not shooting long distances I do not see much use.

In my little bit of internet research, it looks like you are burning 8-10 grains more powder to get 200 fps more than the 6.5 CM. While that is enough to make it shoot a little flatter, it's not enough to justify the shorter barrel life.

Depends on what you are doing with it though also. If this is a hunting rifle that you are going to shoot 10 rounds a year, sure why not have the better performance.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews